• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do I care so much what happens to my body when I die?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I ask this question because it seems I care more deeply than most. I really want to be buried without chemicals, just placed in the natural earth, no frills, wrapped in a light blanket I loved in life. Let the earth feed on what is left of me when I pass. Some beautiful trees and meadows where the earth will hold me until disintegrated by nature. I feel like I need, I have to, I must, feel like I have to. To feel like I have died well. My way of giving back to nature. I can not shake it, I have already taken steps to find places that bury in this way. While it is not common, I hope it becomes more natural for death of those we love.

Why do I care so much about this? Everyone else I have talked to are like....body is dead, no use ...so whatever to it. Shell and nothing left so toss it out like old garbage.
I just cant bear the thought of that, I want my resting years to be beautiful in a place that is beautiful. Giving back, as the earth has given to me.

Your thoughts?
Not me. No way. I am going to take my millions and freeze myself into a corpsicle so that I can come back some day. Let me just check that old bank account . . . Poop. So just a blanket you say. Hmm, that seems doable. Sounds much warmer at any rate.