• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do i feel this way?

JohnMorrison

Hello?

I have read some of the content and feel that I can relate to some of those who have expressed some of there feelings.
In a nut shell I wonder where I stand today and wonder if the life I have led for so long have been nothing than smoke and mirrors. I lived in a life that nothing concerned me but ME!! For many years it seemed that I have led a life digging a pit deeper and deeper and not even knowing I have dug so far down. And missing the cool things that are in this world in my own ignorance. I have lost so much and well I wonder if there is a way back from this mess that I have caused for myself.
I feel that I need to turn myself around? I have only myself these days, as my family are no more including mom and dad. I wonder if God would listen to someone who has turned his back and refused to listen all these years. I shall close and indeed I wonder why I feel this way?

Thank you

John Morrison

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Welcome to RF John,

Yes, it is like waking up from a dream,... no longer asleep, but not yet fully awake,..the prodigal son is to reunite with the source.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend John,
once again,
Welcome.
Sorry to state that you have lost nothing, never. If we had anything in the first place there can be a question of losing. We all come empty handed and so can never lose anything. The feelings are all illusionary. Just needs waking up!
LOve & rgds

JohnMorrison

Welcome to RF John,

Yes, it is like waking up from a dream,... no longer asleep, but not yet fully awake,..the prodigal son is to reunite with the source.

Hello Ben
Your reply is most interesting yes! I do feel strange and it has been happing for awhile although it is only recently that I have started to explore this instead of putting it onto a self as the saying goes.
Walking in a dream state for many years makes me wonder why I have not woken up before but I guess it takes something to nudge you and listen instead of ignoring. As to the source? That is for myself to know I guess, that I can only can come to some sort of conclusion Ben.

Best wishes

J.Morrison

JohnMorrison

Friend John,
once again,
Welcome.
Sorry to state that you have lost nothing, never. If we had anything in the first place there can be a question of losing. We all come empty handed and so can never lose anything. The feelings are all illusionary. Just needs waking up!
LOve & rgds

Hello Zen Zero
Sounds like you are saying that one comes into this world with nothing as in the begining and we go out the same way if the what you are saying everything is but an illusion.

Best wishes

John Morrison

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
As to the source? That is for myself to know I guess, that I can only can come to some sort of conclusion Ben.

Yes John, to find out what and who one really is, is the real goal of religion.
However, the quest and conclusion is not a result of a dualistic mind process, but something that transcends all mortal mental conceptualization.

So far as my present understanding goes, meditation practice is essential to realize the goal, for perhaps the 'seeker' and the 'goal' may ultimately be revealed to be not two separate things, but one. The thinking mind works on duality, ie. thinker on the one hand and the thoughts about reality on the other, whereas meditation practice is about the cessation of thoughts whereby the mind is one with the actual REALITY.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend John,
Existence is something which is eternal and timeless. It keeps playing this out of creating something out of nothing and allow it to come back to it on its own accord.
Our birth is similarly a part of that where we are created and sent out from that source and have to return on our own. Once this is realised we become part of it and reach home/source but it is the Thinking Mind that is the barrier. So as friend ben d also agrees that one meditates and stills the mind to allow transcendence and then the clear still mind reflects the truth/source/whole/etc.
Love & rgds