• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do most scientists accept evolution.

ScottySatan

It seems to me tthat close to 50% of scientist are actually young earth creationist, however they tend not to be very public about it and just keep it to themselves.

Evolution is more philosophy then Science and Creation is more history then Science. I tend to believe well known historical facts and observations moreso then modern techno babble of what life was like millions of years ago. (When written history only dates back about 4800 years by the earliest recorded hyrogliphics)

Go ask a biologist, there must be a university not so far away. Look up their weibsite and send them an e-mail. Ask them an intelligent question. Conduct yourself better than you have here, and you'll probably get a real response.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
It seems to me tthat close to 50% of scientist are actually young earth creationist, however they tend not to be very public about it and just keep it to themselves.

With just about every post you make on this board you demonstrate that you have no perception of reality.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?

Evolution is more philosophy then Science and Creation is more history then Science. I tend to believe well known historical facts and observations moreso then modern techno babble of what life was like millions of years ago. (When written history only dates back about 4800 years by the earliest recorded hyrogliphics)
I am told about 40% of real US scientists (ignoring 'christian scientists' as opposed to scientists who are christian) and believe in a god, as to the idea of YEC, a far more narrow field, in 1997 5% of US citizens with professional degrees (which include but are not limited to scientists) identified as YECs which means the figure is even lower amongst scientists once other professional degrees were excluded.

Sculelos

I am told about 40% of real US scientists (ignoring 'christian scientists' as opposed to scientists who are christian) and believe in a god, as to the idea of YEC, a far more narrow field, in 1997 5% of US citizens with professional degrees (which include but are not limited to scientists) identified as YECs which means the figure is even lower amongst scientists once other professional degrees were excluded.

Well must YECs don't have a credited degree so they fall in the high school educated category.

What I mean by Scientist.
A scientist, in a broad sense, is one engaging in a systematic activity to acquire knowledge.

From Wikipedia
Since 1982, between 40% and 50% of adults in the United States say they hold the creationist view that "God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years" when Gallup asked for their views on the origin and development of human beings.[8] As of 2012, the percentage of believers decreases as the level of education increases. Only 25% of respondents with postgraduate degrees believed compared with 52% of those with a high school education or less.[9] A 2011 Gallup survey reports that 30% of U.S. adults interpret the Bible literally.[10]

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Man...I used to think you were the most creative Poe on these boards, but I'm losing faith in you now, to be honest.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
Well must YECs don't have a credited degree so they fall in the high school educated category.

What I mean by Scientist.
Given there is no way of knowing how many people fit this criteria, you have chosen to make claims about a category of people of which there is no information readily available.

The 40% you referred to has nothing to do with the description of 'scientist' as you gave; it was of adults; not limited to those engaging in a systematic activity to acquire knowledge - thus it has nothing to do with the assertion you made.

Last edited:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
(When written history only dates back about 4800 years by the earliest recorded hyrogliphics)

The history of writing is more complex than you think. Writing evolved from a mix of ideographic, pictographic, and logographic systems.

220px-Jiahu_writing.svg.png

The Jiahu script shown here is a form of "proto-writing", a system of writing using ideographs and mnemonic assistance to reach a point. The Jiahu script markings shown date from 6600 BCE.

Because of this, it would be naïve to ignore pictograms, and even petroglyphs, some of which are tens of thousands of years old; one of the earliest known is around 40,000 years old. Not dating back 4,800 years, but 40,000.