• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do other countries hate the United States?

Why do other countries hate the United States?

• Because they are ruled by evil tyrants who hate everything good in the world

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • "They hate us for our freedom!"

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • They hate America because America is an arrogant imperialist power who bullies smaller countries

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • They don't really hate America. America hates them.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Jealousy/Envy

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Don't care

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Don't know

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • America is the greatest country of all time!

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I don't hate the United States, and I have many friends there, but it's not my favorite place to visit, because there is an underlying 'we're special' sense to many folks. I'm extremely cautious to say much at all, especially with regard to politics. Guns also make me edgy. This caution includes my friends. But it does have some lovely scenery, and there are many great people.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I'm not trying to diminish the wrongs my nation has done. Every country has done evil, mine included.

But I find it very odd that the US is villainized, while the same people who hate us never mention how much worse things are places like Afghanistan. Nor do you hear them complaining about similar problems in other nations, such as France destroying Haiti when it blackmailed it into crushing debt. It raises the question, why is the US held to a higher standard than other nations? The only possible explanation I can come up with is that they are jealous of the prosperity and might of the US.

RestlessSoul

I don't hate the US. I greatly dislike the way my own country slavishly follows the US. The US itself is a source of fascination to me.

I hope you guys never lose your creative energy, and I hope you don't lose your Republic. Seen from over here, the latter looks a lot more likely than the former, but I suspect you'll overcome your current bout of collective insanity.