• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do some believe easily, others hardly at all?

Audie

Veteran Member
I have demonstrated nothing and to say that it did not happen demonstrates nothing.

I did not demonstrate that God did anything.

How can I provide an example and/or evidence? It is just a case of I believe it happened and you believe it did not happen.
If I provide examples of miracles it would be the same thing. "That is hearsay, why should I believe?"
Well, don't believe.
Your way is to wait for extraordinary evidence for extraordinary claims and to suggest that those who don't do that are naive and that the people who make the claims are liars.
That's fine, believe that if you want, and leave me in my gullibility.
Just try not to spread your gullibility.
That would be immoral.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I have demonstrated nothing ...
Yes, I know.
and to say that it did not happen demonstrates nothing.
Who said that? Did you even read my post?
I did not demonstrate that God did anything.
Yes, I know. Which makes your claims even more dubious.

Remember, my questions were:

How do you know God can suspend natural laws? Where is the evidence for this? Which god? How? When? How did you demonstrate God(s) did anything?
How can I provide an example and/or evidence? It is just a case of I believe it happened and you believe it did not happen.
Believe what happened? You've given no examples. Do you mean random things you hear on the internet?

If I provide examples of miracles it would be the same thing. "That is hearsay, why should I believe?"
You've provided no examples to analyze or discuss. Just some vague allusion to things you've "heard." So, who knows!
Well, don't believe.
Your way is to wait for extraordinary evidence for extraordinary claims and to suggest that those who don't do that are naive and that the people who make the claims are liars.
No. "My way" is the same way we determine that anything else in the world exists or occurs. By a demonstration of its existence or occurrence.

"Your way" is we just have to believe every claim is true until someone proves it wrong. So we have to believe in Allah, Thor, Athena, Zoroaster, sasquatch, alien abductions, leprechauns, Trump won the election, flat earth, Democrats drink babies' blood, Santa Claus, and every claim made by every person on the planet, until someone proves it wrong. That's not an efficient way of separating fact from fiction. Not in the slightest. It's a great way to believe in all kinds of false things though.
That's fine, believe that if you want, and leave me in my gullibility.
Thanks for not answering a single one of my questions. Great discussion.

Audie

Veteran Member
Yes, I know.

Who said that? Did you even read my post?

Yes, I know. Which makes your claims even more dubious.

Remember, my questions were:

How do you know God can suspend natural laws? Where is the evidence for this? Which god? How? When? How did you demonstrate God(s) did anything?

Believe what happened? You've given no examples. Do you mean random things you hear on the internet?

You've provided no examples to analyze or discuss. Just some vague allusion to things you've "heard." So, who knows!

No. "My way" is the same way we determine that anything else in the world exists or occurs. By a demonstration of its existence or occurrence.

"Your way" is we just have to believe every claim is true until someone proves it wrong. So we have to believe in Allah, Thor, Athena, Zoroaster, sasquatch, alien abductions, leprechauns, Trump won the election, flat earth, Democrats drink babies' blood, Santa Claus, and every claim made by every person on the planet, until someone proves it wrong. That's not an efficient way of separating fact from fiction. Not in the slightest. It's a great way to believe in all kinds of false things though.

Thanks for not answering a single one of my questions. Great discussion.
Not just Thor or flying saucers!
We must believe someone can make
a car that uses water, not gasoline.