• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do some christians want evidence for big bang while believing the bible to be absolute truth

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
I think people want proof of everything. But I don't think it will ever be proven or disproven. There's no our tiny little brains cannot conceive such knowledge its WAY beyond us. Our heads would blow up.
Personally, how can you be a Christian and not believe the Bible's creation? I'm confused. Lord help us!

That's why I stopped being a christian. Can't subscribe to insane baseless beliefs that contradict nature (though it's only during gay marriage that Christians become concerned about natural laws).

You make the folly of grouping all Christians together and preach that we all believe the same thing. This is far from the truth.

It's a little hard for me to understand that some Christians question the validity of evolution, of big bang and of other religions.
Some Christians, including Pope Francis, do not question the validity of evolution, the big bang and other religions.
They want evidence that their God isn't real or that the bible is infallible.
No, we don't. Not all Christians believe the Bible is infallible.
All the while with firm belief that their bible is the absolute truth.
Again, not all Christians believe this.
Rejecting evidence from carbon dating that believe a few civilizations to be over 10000 years old. Denying that dinosaurs and other lost species ever existed on this earth.
Again, not all Christians believe this. I have never seen a Christian deny that dinosaurs existed, not sure where you got that idea.
But at the same time asking more and more evidence on something simple as the human ancestry from apes, though never accepting a shred of it but labeling it as false and wanting more evidence and also with a firm belief that knowledge is "farther from God, closer to the devil"
Some Christians believe we evolved from apes. And the evidence that we did evolve from them is far from conclusive.

What should anyone make of this grossly hypocritical behavior of these people?
Well, when they believe people like you who stereotype all of us incorrectly, what do you expect to happen?
If they are convinced of the conclusion and their belief to the only truth, why ask for evidence?
It is intelligent to ask for evidence. You don't think so?

Again, you sound like a person who just has a bias against Christianity and this is a vague attempt to justify it.
I am a Christian and I deny human and universal evolution, and the BB theory. I believe dinosaur existed but not millions of years ago. I believe the Bible's story of Creation and I believe that our universe is young like 6000 yrs old. But that's just what I choose to believe. I don't think it will ever be proved or disproved. We don't have the capacity. I don't believe in scientific dating. Our tiny little brains can't even come close to conceiving or understanding the complexities of this universe or this world. It's WAY beyond us.I think science is flawed because humans are flawed. But I think it is strange to be convicted but conflicted. Odd. For me, it's all or nothing. Takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. I'm as confused as you.

That's why I stopped being a christian. Can't subscribe to insane baseless beliefs that contradict nature (though it's only during gay marriage that Christians become concerned about natural laws).

Well that's not what Christianity is to me. That's a human interpretation of what they think a Christianity is. My definition is based on Historical Biblical Christianity. It's not Christianity fault, but individuals who twist and warp it. I believe it's all or nothing. But that's just me. We are all human and imperfect, and we all sin. At least that applies to me.

Here's what it means to me to be Christian:

I believe in God the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth;

And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord:
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;*
the third day he rose from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy Christian church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

That includes the Bible as well in it's entirety.

Subhankar Zac

Well that's not what Christianity is to me. That's a human interpretation of what they think a Christianity is. My definition is based on Historical Biblical Christianity. It's not Christianity fault, but individuals who twist and warp it. I believe it's all or nothing. But that's just me. We are all human and imperfect, and we all sin. At least that applies to me.

Here's what it means to me to be Christian:

I believe in God the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth;

And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord:
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;*
the third day he rose from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy Christian church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

That includes the Bible as well in it's entirety.

Isn't that what I just said?

I deny the biblical God who I don't believe is the maker of heaven and earth;

And also reject Jesus Christ

I do not believe in the Holy Spirit,
Or the holy Christian church,
Or the communion of saints,
Or the forgiveness of sins,
Or the resurrection of the body,
Or the life everlasting.

Also I reject the bible entirely

It's a little hard for me to understand that some Christians question the validity of evolution, of big bang and of other religions.
They want evidence that their God isn't real or that the bible is infallible.
All the while with firm belief that their bible is the absolute truth.
Rejecting evidence from carbon dating that believe a few civilizations to be over 10000 years old. Denying that dinosaurs and other lost species ever existed on this earth.
But at the same time asking more and more evidence on something simple as the human ancestry from apes, though never accepting a shred of it but labeling it as false and wanting more evidence and also with a firm belief that knowledge is "farther from God, closer to the devil"

What should anyone make of this grossly hypocritical behavior of these people?
If they are convinced of the conclusion and their belief to the only truth, why ask for evidence?

Yes it is and it's absurd to me and I believe it's nonsense. If I believe the Bible to be the Truth, then it's absolute. I believe that here can only be 1 Truth, everything else then are lies. But that's just my feeling. Everyone has the freedom to believe what is the Truth to them I guess.

Just a note about knowledge. I think what is being referred to is worldly knowledge vs. spiritual knowledge. Because God says He is not of this world, He is of the spirit. So worldy knowledge would then be in a way choosing that which is of the world, essentially turning away from God's knowledge, which separates ourselves from Him, which would mean instead of going north you would moving south. I think that what that reference was about. That's just how understand it. Sorry if it doesn't make sense.

Subhankar Zac

Yes it is and it's absurd to me and I believe it's nonsense. If I believe the Bible to be the Truth, then it's absolute. I believe that here can only be 1 Truth, everything else then are lies. But that's just my feeling. Everyone has the freedom to believe what is the Truth to them I guess.

Just a note about knowledge. I think what is being referred to is worldly knowledge vs. spiritual knowledge. Because God says He is not of this world, He is of the spirit. So worldy knowledge would then be in a way choosing that which is of the world, essentially turning away from God's knowledge, which separates ourselves from Him, which would mean instead of going north you would moving south. I think that what that reference was about. That's just how understand it. Sorry if it doesn't make sense.

Christianity doesn't make senses to me which is why I go with Hinduism and Zen Buddhism.
But if it works for you, that's fine.

Isn't that what I just said?

I deny the biblical God who I don't believe is the maker of heaven and earth;

And also reject Jesus Christ

I do not believe in the Holy Spirit,
Or the holy Christian church,
Or the communion of saints,
Or the forgiveness of sins,
Or the resurrection of the body,
Or the life everlasting.

Also I reject the bible entirely
Yes I know, sorry I was just sharing. I thought I was responding to someone else regarding why some Christians believe in the bible but also in the BB Theory. my bad

Coming from a Christian point of view, I believe it doesn't matter. For me, I've tried to argue it but I was clearly in over my head and so others have put me in my place. And honestly, in my opinion God doesn't need to prove himself to me, I think it would be arrogant of me to ask that of Him. Also, if He wanted us to know, He would have told us. But I've seen Him work and feel Him and His presence, that's to me is real and more than enough proof. It's too BIG for us to conceive nor do we have the capacity for things so complex and intricate. But it's silly for me to argue it. We all just end believing what we want regardless.

As a human and in our nature to "have to know" and we need proof. Otherwise, just feel insecure and uncertain which leads to vulnerability. People hate to feel that way. So just recently, thanks to y'all here I learned that it's pointless and even try and go there, and if you "won" the argument. It really has no meaning anyway. All it would do is to say "Ha, I'm right, you're wrong!" I realized that I don't need to be right So what, right?

I don't understand people's logic of thinking sometimes. So, I want to learn more...

idav

Being
Premium Member
I think people want proof of everything. But I don't think it will ever be proven or disproven. There's no our tiny little brains cannot conceive such knowledge its WAY beyond us. Our heads would blow up.
Personally, how can you be a Christian and not believe the Bible's creation? I'm confused. Lord help us!
The beginning is not inconceivable and neither is god.

Subhankar Zac

Coming from a Christian point of view, I believe it doesn't matter. For me, I've tried to argue it but I was clearly in over my head and so others have put me in my place. And honestly, in my opinion God doesn't need to prove himself to me, I think it would be arrogant of me to ask that of Him. Also, if He wanted us to know, He would have told us. But I've seen Him work and feel Him and His presence, that's to me is real and more than enough proof. It's too BIG for us to conceive nor do we have the capacity for things so complex and intricate. But it's silly for me to argue it. We all just end believing what we want regardless.

As a human and in our nature to "have to know" and we need proof. Otherwise, just feel insecure and uncertain which leads to vulnerability. People hate to feel that way. So just recently, thanks to y'all here I learned that it's pointless and even try and go there, and if you "won" the argument. It really has no meaning anyway. All it would do is to say "Ha, I'm right, you're wrong!" I realized that I don't need to be right So what, right?

I don't understand people's logic of thinking sometimes. So, I want to learn more...

It is never about supremacy.
Hinduism has a deity that is the patron of education. Bhagavad Gita talks about education and knowledge leading to liberation.
Ignorance is the leading reason of suffering, anger and all evil emotions that ultimately lead people to very poor mental states of being.
It doesn't matter who thought what once. But the present decision of education matters. I m a religious man and I believe education must be free for all and mandatory. If there's a God, salvation is education.

idav

Being
Premium Member

It gets pretty complicated actually, evolution that is, but at least the foundation is very similar. We came from the same people, with evolution its coming from the same tribe, religion and evolution should agree humans are brothers.

It is really hard for all of us to be argumentative of perception. All in all People of Judah and Christians are with a God who reveals what appears to be an accurate and truthful scientific process according to science. Science revealed more in depth evidence that does not rule out but still is in sink with a God presence with Judah in a scientific observation of an entity explaining a process of the creation. How ever it is very hard for anyone of us to claim observation of something that can not be observed.

So does that make it untrue if it is not proven to be untrue through a scientific process. People want us to just believe it is untrue. Because of the presentation of lofty words. When this is the foundation of our moral compass. As we would have to present an observation to prove you to disbelief you would have to have an observation to prove us to disbelief. Please anything besides an insult