• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you need your religion?

BFD_Zayl

Well, mine is all about celebrating death, we celebrate it so much in fact, that we work with it and through or sacrifices and pain we can try to understand alittle more about the nether, and prepare ourselves for death. we view life as...a temporary comfort, as our soul gathers the strength to live in the next world

YmirGF said:
... So, why do you need your religion? Are you unable to solve "big" problems yourself?
...I guess the other thing I don't get is if God is so great, why does he need elaborate religious organizations? Oddly, I don't see that a real god would need any salespeople.

Nobody "invented" God, he came to us, speaking through the mouths of the prophets and then through Jesus -
Jesus said - "For I have not spoken on my own authority; but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak" (John 12:49)