• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do You Suppose Athiests Are So Interested In Religion

robtex

Veteran Member
EEWRED said:
And yet you are a member of religiousforums.com. Interesting.
I am a new member here, and have been fascinated by all of the different thoughts. The reason I was so excited to see all of these different thoughts, was because I believe, as human beings, we have been designed to be interested and inquisitive naturally. We have the ability to analyze data and make our own decisions about what it all means. I think the reason many atheist's show interest in religion is much the same as why many theist's are interested in religion. Because none of us FULLY understand it, but we want to try. We are all searching for definition of our lives and of truth. Personally I believe that I have found it is Christianity. I want to understand how an atheist can have that same feeling of fullfilment without having any solid answers and evidence (my opinion) to turn to. That is what intrigues me the most. As it is, I only see atheism as being a continual searchfor truth, but without ever really finding it. IT seems kind of depressing to me. BTW, to the atheist's out there, I do not mean to offend any one you. If I do, I apologize in advance.
can I ask you? How many atheists do you know? How many have you asked that question to?

Pah

Uber all member
EEWRED said:
I am a new member here, and have been fascinated by all of the different thoughts. The reason I was so excited to see all of these different thoughts, was because I believe, as human beings, we have been designed to be interested and inquisitive naturally. We have the ability to analyze data and make our own decisions about what it all means. I think the reason many atheist's show interest in religion is much the same as why many theist's are interested in religion. Because none of us FULLY understand it, but we want to try. We are all searching for definition of our lives and of truth. Personally I believe that I have found it is Christianity. I want to understand how an atheist can have that same feeling of fullfilment without having any solid answers and evidence (my opinion) to turn to. That is what intrigues me the most. As it is, I only see atheism as being a continual searchfor truth, but without ever really finding it. IT seems kind of depressing to me. BTW, to the atheist's out there, I do not mean to offend any one you. If I do, I apologize in advance.
Actually, my interest stems, not from a personal desire to know, but to know the mind of some that oppose me. I admit to once being a "fighter against irrationality" but now I am concerned not with what makes you you but with what makes you want me to be you.

HelpMe

·´sociopathic meanderer`·
however picayune you deem it, for the same reason religion is interested in atheism/other religions.

Dr. Nosophoros

I've always been interested in a lot of aspects of history and society(ies) and the things that shape them, religion is one them. I am also interested in learning about"primitive" cultures that still exist today, (rainforests, tribes in Africa and elsewhere) it's pretty interesting to see how their societies and beliefs have developed completely outside of the "modern" worlds or despite of, they seem to be doing just fine without it. Unfortunately, many indigenous people are in a decline because of the modern worlds "needs" (or greeds?) Mainly, I like looking at religions because of the extent to which they have affected society.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
EEWRED said:
You interest easily.

EEWRED said:
I want to understand how an atheist can have that same feeling of fullfilment without having any solid answers and evidence (my opinion) to turn to.
Your naive and thoughtless disregard for methodological naturalism aside, we differ from you only in that we allow ourselves to stand in awe of nature without trivializing it with delusion.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'm not an artist, but I'm interested in art; I'm not a biologist, but I'm interested in biology; I'm not religious, but I'm interested in religion.

M

Majikthise

I'm not a drunk, but I'm interested in drinking.;)

(My Old Grand Dad made me do it!):p

Green Man

It's an entertaining diversion and a good way to see how people delude themselves into believing just about anything.

A

angellous_evangellous

Green Man said:
It's an entertaining diversion and a good way to see how people delude themselves into believing just about anything.
I couldn't agree with you more. :D

Green Man

angellous_evangellous said:
I couldn't agree with you more. :D

I used to think fundamentalist christians were about as deluded as they come,but then I found the muslims.The whole thing can be downright hilarious at times.Know what I mean Vern?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Just a reminder to everyone that the Atheism forum is for discussing Atheism, not for putting down other religions, that's not what atheism is about. ;)

Yerda

Veteran Member
Green Man said:
I used to think fundamentalist christians were about as deluded as they come,but then I found the muslims.The whole thing can be downright hilarious at times.Know what I mean Vern?
There is really no need to slander christians and muslims.

karl

Atheist are closer to god than the people who actually believe in god, cause to believe in god, you have to not believe in him first

Runt

karl said:
Atheist are closer to god than the people who actually believe in god, cause to believe in god, you have to not believe in him first
What???

M

Majikthise

karl said:
Now that's interesting!:D

skills101

Vicar of Christ
karl said:
Whoa... Now that is philisophical!

dreena

I don't know if I believe in God anymore. I feel guilty for feeling that way, but its true. I feel like we are all bumbling around in the universe and we can't handle it so we made up his god guy to make us feel better about all the yucky stuff. I wish i could belive again but i find most religous folks (no offense ) to be hypacritical and obnoxiously self righteous. I am not the only mid twenties person I know that feels this way ...infact most peers I know give alot of "lip service" around certain types of folk...but get em alone and its another story.