• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God talk?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is a question for all you who believe in Scripture.

Scripture is defined as "sacred writings." Sacred is defined as "connected with God".

It is believed that God or gods spoke to individuals and they then wrote down what was heard.

I understand why people thought to write what was heard down.

What do you think was the purpose of God to speak to them?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have observed that some people teach that God spoke so that we might believe in what God spoke.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I like Gandhi's approach on this, and I took his advice and it really helped me a lot over the last several decades by opening "doors' and having experiences that I never could have anticipated.

He never heard "God's voice" in any kind of direct way (voices in the head), but he felt that God spoke to us through feelings. Therefore, his approach was that if one had strong and reoccurring feelings that they should do "X", then first make sure "X" is moral, and if one judges that it is, then do it and not make excuses not to.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I like Gandhi's approach on this, and I took his advice and it really helped me a lot over the last several decades. He never heard "God's voice" in any kind of direct way (voices in the head), but he felt that God spoke to us through feelings.

Therefore, his approach was that if one had strong and reoccurring feelings that they should do "X", then first make sure "X" is moral, and if one judges that it is, then do it and not make excuses not to.
I have heard that Gandhi was not nice to his wife.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I have heard that Gandhi was not nice to his wife.
Earlier on in his marriage, correct. He also was quite racist as a young adult as well.

He was not a perfect person by any stretch of the imagination, but he readily admitted his mistakes and weaknesses and worked to correct them.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If God spoke at all I think it would be for the reason to believe in God and NOT to believe in what God spoke. Referring to just the Bible, God spoke A LOT. Nobody can know everything God has spoken so it seems to me that God speaks so that we might believe in God.

Super Universe

Defender of God

Scripture is defined as "sacred writings." Sacred is defined as "connected with God".

It is believed that God or gods spoke to individuals and they then wrote down what was heard.

God never talked to anyone. He does not interfere. Primitive and even modern humans have such a simple idea of the universe they think any voice in their head must be God.

The angels have used this technique to manipulate humans in an attempt to help certain individuals develop a better understanding of God and the universe. Every voice that was heard by an ancient person (Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Mary the mother of Jesus, Joan of Arc) was an angel, not God. In the case of Paul of Tarsus the voice he heard was Jesus.

Other evolved beings can connect with primitive beings just like the angels but the intentions of these beings is generally not to help but to manipulate and control.

Amadeus27

If God is the God I believe Him to be, how are we to know what His purpose for anything is, unless He chose to reveal it to us:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

But... this is not to say that God does not speak to people and also to reveal to such people His purpose [at least in part] to them.

The specifics of His purpose would vary according to the situation. Sometimes, as possibly in the cases of Joseph and Daniel, God reveals His purpose to someone other than those directly affected.

You want a blanket answer that covers all situations, and to that I would say, I believe that God always knows the answer at any given time and place and person, but whether or not He will share His answer with me or you is quite another thing, isn't it?

God has spoken to me, and sometimes I have known why [at least in part] and sometimes I have not.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God never talked to anyone.
I don't agree God never spoke. I agree with the Gospel writer that God said, "This is my son". It couldn't have been an angel speaking because Jesus is not the son of an angel.
He does not interfere.
Like Star Trek? But, don't they interfere occasionally?

Primitive and even modern humans have such a simple idea of the universe they think any voice in their head must be God.
Not all of us think that way.

The angels have used this technique to manipulate humans in an attempt to help certain individuals develop a better understanding of God and the universe. Every voice that was heard by an ancient person (Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Mary the mother of Jesus, Joan of Arc) was an angel, not God. In the case of Paul of Tarsus the voice he heard was Jesus.
Did they speak what God would have the listener know?

Other evolved beings can connect with primitive beings just like the angels but the intentions of these beings is generally not to help but to manipulate and control.
OK. I can agree with that

eldios

I'm one of His servants who had to obey all God's commands spoken directly into my mind until I became His voice to preach the knowledge of Christ to all His chosen believers. It's okay to ask God questions because He will use me to give you answers.

The purpose of God speaking through us is to learn who He is and how He was created. Man was created in His image so once we learn what God is, then we understand who we are. That knowledge was revealed through my testimonies last December of 2016. I can share this knowledge with you if you're interested.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm one of His servants who had to obey all God's commands spoken directly into my mind until I became His voice to preach the knowledge of Christ to all His chosen believers. It's okay to ask God questions because He will use me to give you answers.

The purpose of God speaking through us is to learn who He is and how He was created. Man was created in His image so once we learn what God is, then we understand who we are. That knowledge was revealed through my testimonies last December of 2016. I can share this knowledge with you if you're interested.
God was created?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
What does the Bible say about people that prophecie in the last days, eldios.

Super Universe

Defender of God
I don't agree God never spoke. I agree with the Gospel writer that God said, "This is my son". It couldn't have been an angel speaking because Jesus is not the son of an angel.
Like Star Trek? But, don't they interfere occasionally?

Not all of us think that way.

Did they speak what God would have the listener know?

OK. I can agree with that

You are correct. When Jesus was baptized by John the temporary "spirit" departed Jesus and His own "spirit" returned to Him. The returning "spirit" said "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased". Jesus two brothers also heard this but John the Baptist did not.

I'm using the word spirit here because it's a word you will recognize but it's not entirely correct. The "spirit" that we all have is a God fragment. It is God but an infant like fragment that has to evolve by having a personality experience. Jesus fragment was evolved in Heaven whereas the God fragments that humans have evolve by experience.

God is like Star Trek? You lost me.

Not all humans think in simple universal terms? No, I suppose you're right, but an overwhelming majority do.

Did angels speak what God wanted humans to know? If God wants something it happens. No angel needed. The angels have a complicated mission to plant life in the universe. They assist with the evolution of life to a point then cease all interference until certain evolutionary achievements have been reached at which time they interfere again.

Last edited:

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

If your god was created then why don't you worship his creator?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is God (or there isn't, depending on your point of view) and there are words of God, regardless how they got here (or they are all men's words, in case you tend to think that way).

Are the words for knowing the words or for knowing The God or perhaps both?

I guess both, but first and foremost they are for knowing God.

Why has God given the world words? Are the words for understanding the meaning of the words or are they for knowing God, in your opinion? Do you consider the words as good as God?