• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God want Christians to give food to hungry people?

Mr Cheese

As far as taking the Bible literally is concerned, you believe that God literally inspired James to write that Christians should give food to hungry people, and that is the issue that I want to discuss.

No I dont...

and as I have repeated, the vast majority of those you ahve conversed with dont either...please repost this to the christian forum if you want to converse with literalists......
:facepalm:

Agnostic75

Agnotic75 said:
To love one another, the only real message of Christianity, and arguably religion. In order to do that, we must love one another, through giving.

Indeed, and since a loving, merciful God would give food to hungry people, the God of the Bible does not exist.

Agnostic75

Agnotic75 said:
Indeed, and since a loving, merciful God would give food to hungry people, the God of the Bible does not exist.

Mr Cheese said:
If you say so.

I will ignore any off-topic posts that you make. You will probably make another
off-topic reply to this post, in which case you will have the last word, and I will continue my discussions with sensible Christians who actually want to discuss
on-topic issues.

Agnostic75

fatima_bintu_islam said:
Are you ignoring me again?

No, just busy.

Agnostic75 said:
Does Allah want Muslims to give food to hungry people?

fatima_bintu_islam said:

Then why doesn't he give food to people himself?

What justifies what Allah does? As far as I recall, you once said that Allah's wisdom justifies what he does. If that is what you said, what is wisdom? One of the definitions that the Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary gives for the word "wisdom" is "good sense." Allah refuses to give food to starving people. How is that good sense?

Why do you believe that Islam makes more sense than deism does? What evidence do you have that Allah inspired Muhammed to write the Koran?

logician

" Why does God want Christians to give food to hungry people?"

To spread the word, my man, to spread the word.