• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does it seem like everyone is against me ?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
From negative comments on the internet by people who I don't even know to rude glares and loud cars outside. I feel like people are off putted by my very presence.
I realize you are suffering from terrible depression, and I'm so very sorry. It may help you to realize that this disorder interferes with your ability to perceive things correctly. While I'm sympathetic to the irritation loud cars cause, they really don't indicate that people are put off by your presence. Your thinking is clearly having problems. I hope you will discuss these things with whatever doctor or therapist you have helping you. I wish you the very, very best.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Based on our interactions here, I think you are experiencing a degree of cognative bias. Past negative experiences when interaction with others are causing you to subconsciously interpret the actions of others as negative to the point that you are seeing behaviors in others that aren't really there.

I think it's important that you surround yourself with positive and productive interactions to help you break this cycle of bias. Leave those behind that are negative and hostile (such as Incel communities, which have been problematic for you in the past).

It's also important to not that people will react to your behaviors. In real life interactions, make it a point to note the expression on your face when looking at others. A smile will often be reciprocated by others. A scorn will do the same. Your judgment of others as being against you may be impacting your fascial expression without your even being aware of it.

Be the positive change you want to make in your life.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
From negative comments on the internet by people who I don't even know to rude glares and loud cars outside. I feel like people are off putted by my very presence.
We are all possibly going to need some help in sorting our brains out at some point in our life. Maybe this is such a time for you? If you aren't already, what about getting in touch with your appropriate health service to access such assistance?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Having read all the posts on this thread i can agree will all of them. As i have suggested before, i really think you need to discuss your depression with your doctor who can advise on the best course of action for you

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
People for the most part value their own ego over others this can come off as all that you stated plus more the only way around it is to devalue your own ego.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm saying this both based on years of struggle with overthinking and based on what many other people have experienced: if there's one thing you can be sure of about other people, it's that they're almost certainly occupied with their daily life and the continuous hustle rather than anyone else.

Think of it this way: You have to pay the bills, keep your job, and spend time with loved ones and friends. How much bandwidth is really left for caring so much what strangers in public say, do, or look like that a random person will go out of their way to glare and focus on you while in their car while shouldering all of the above responsibilities and more? Even if they do, it will almost always be momentary, fleeting, and negligible both in your own life and theirs.

I echo what others have said here about seeking professional help. It can be transformative, and the thoughts you're describing could well be a product of any number of mental health issues that would be treatable and manageable with the right professional care. There's no shame in seeking help to improve one's life and alleviate unnecessary suffering.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Perhaps that's just how you feel.
Perhaps it's you who is against you and you project this unto others.

Love yourself. Be proud of yourself. Have confidence.
You get back what you put out.

If you consider yourself to be a loser, don't expect the outside world to consider you a winner...

In my experience, more then 50% of how people see you is influenced, if not determined, by how you see yourself.