• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does nordicism and black Hebrew isrealism exist ?

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Because there are?

No reason why other than to support some people's bigotry.

No existential reason. Or big picture. Just some people suck.

Exactly. It's also sometimes a very outward and public way that these people cope with deeply seeded personal insecurities; like the way people act when they have a severe case of Napoleon complex. It is kind of interesting to watch happen as it's such a clear and outwardly visible look into someone's inner thoughts; it's self snitching at it's finest

Massimo2002

Why do you think they exist?

I think it all comes down to tribalism

Tribalism is a very ancient and primitive instinct and we are all tribal in one way or another
I don't know I just know that those beliefs hurt me emotionally and why does tribals exist ?

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know I just know that those beliefs hurt me emotionally and why does tribals exist ?
A lot of times, people holding racist beliefs are hurting(or scared) themselves.

Tribals? People belonging to ancestral tribes, or the 'tribes' people make for themselves?

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Tribalism was good for our survival back when we lived in literal tribes, hence we evolved to be tribal

Modern humans developed from tribal humans

Although our society is different to hunter gatherer societies some features remain as to be human is to be tribal

Massimo2002

Tribalism was good for our survival back when we lived in literal tribes, hence we evolved to be tribal

Modern humans developed from tribal humans

Although our society is different to hunter gatherer societies some features remain as to be human is to be tribal
That doesn't make sense humanity should have shed it's tribal skin by now.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
That doesn't make sense humanity should have shed it's tribal skin by now.
Why doesn't it make sense?????

What evolutionary advantage would not being tribal bestow?????

I don't see how that could possibly ever happen

I think it would be better to make tribalism be about solidarity rather than about differences

Tribalism can be good or bad

For instance patriotism is good and nationalism bad

In my view anyway

Massimo2002

Why doesn't it make sense?????

What evolutionary advantage would not being tribal bestow?????

I don't see how that could possibly ever happen

I think it would be better to make tribalism be about solidarity rather than about differences

Tribalism can be good or bad

For instance patriotism is good and nationalism bad

In my view anyway
I don't believe in evolution. So I could care lee about an "evolutionary" advantage. I just know that tribalism is bad because it's mean to other fellow humans.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
I don't believe in evolution. So I could care lee about an "evolutionary" advantage. I just know that tribalism is bad because it's mean to other fellow humans.
Tribalism can also create greater attachment between members of a group that would increase that group's chances for survival

A "them and us" mentality is vital to the cohesion of any group and doesn't need to be toxic or hateful

Humans come in tribes, to be human is to be tribal

Please explain how you imagine society would work without tribalism

I don't think it would