• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why does society value human life so much?

it is some times necessary to end life of a few to protect the lives of many. Thus we can we can modify the statement from life above all else to prosperity above all else.

I even had a freind that went so far to say that Hitler enacted the holocaust be cause he had rationalized that the Aryian race had the best chance for survival and thus the extermination of all potential threats (I.E. other races) was necessary in his view to preserve humanities prosperity. He believed that Hitler attacked the Jews first because their was already a strong anti-Jewish society in Gremany and the people would get behind him, which they die for a time.

iholdit

it is some times necessary to end life of a few to protect the lives of many. Thus we can we can modify the statement from life above all else to prosperity above all else.

I even had a freind that went so far to say that Hitler enacted the holocaust be cause he had rationalized that the Aryian race had the best chance for survival and thus the extermination of all potential threats (I.E. other races) was necessary in his view to preserve humanities prosperity. He believed that Hitler attacked the Jews first because their was already a strong anti-Jewish society in Gremany and the people would get behind him, which they die for a time.

The fact that there was an anti jewish society who were willing to kill or allow jews to be killed only proves my point. All human life isnt valued in in all societies above all else.

In the case of racists, the life of their own race is what is valued above all else. Your friend can reason how ever he wants but einstein alone, proves hitlers rationalizing was based on his own racist beliefs and hitler was not trying to benefit all humans.

Last edited:

crocusj

society values human life above all else............why?

It does not. Society weighs up the cost of a life against a variety of variables. It does, however, pretend to value life above all else because it is made of individuals who value there own lives and expect others to do likewise because that's how it works until various societies get out of hand and it all collapses under the realisation that your own life is worth nothing to others eg., Egypt.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
Wrong....a society of birds, cats, fish, reptiles, arachnids, and all other collections of creatures.
None of those have social interaction complex enough to be called a society. Besides, the OP is asking about human societies specifically.

iholdit

None of those have social interaction complex enough to be called a society. Besides, the OP is asking about human societies specifically.

I think you are underestimating many animal species, however i believe the op is probably talking about human society.

PansarBlack

There are many reasons why they do, main one being that they themselves are human. No life is worth more or less than another in the world but for the chemical reactions in our brain that tell us to survive we are the most important.

PansarBlack

I think you are underestimating many animal species, however i believe the op is probably talking about human society.

Much agreed. We have the skills we do because we don't have any other skill that we could have used to survive, other animals have those other skills so our skill was not needed.