• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Does the Biblical God Not Want People To Make an Informed Decision?

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
Actually, the argument voids itself, since when you say "considering that reality, as you perceive it, could easily be a delusion" you cannot know if that is a real perception of the perception of reality, or a delusion of the perception of the perception of reality. The question is how far do you want this argument to go. Because the perception of the perception of the perception of the perception of reality could be a delusion as well, which would still make reality real. So let's just say that it's a highly flawed argument.

Natural Philosophy of Life offers a simple, elegant, and powerful alternative to religious dogma. This philosophy has a firm foundation in nature, science, and reason, and it is centered on the core values of honesty, generosity, equality, and freedom

No more flawed than some of the drivel I've seen you post...

Enoughie

No more flawed than some of the drivel I've seen you post...
Please provide evidence for these accusations, and demonstrate how my argument was flawed.

Natural Philosophy of Life offers a simple, elegant, and powerful alternative to religious dogma. This philosophy has a firm foundation in nature, science, and reason, and it is centered on the core values of honesty, generosity, equality, and freedom

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
Please provide evidence for these accusations, and demonstrate how my argument was flawed.

That's easy. Look through this thread. Any time you get an answer you don't like, you move the goalposts. I care not to research your texts further, considering that this example serves.

Enoughie

That's easy. Look through this thread. Any time you get an answer you don't like, you move the goalposts. I care not to research your texts further, considering that this example serves.
Nice one. You cannot present an argument or evidence to refute the topic of this thread so you resort to vague and baseless accusations.

If you show me one argument, one answer, or one statement that refutes the assertion that "The biblical god does not want people to make an informed decision about life" then I could take your statement seriously.

But since you cannot present such answer, your accusations are meaningless. They only serve as an excuse to hide behind since you cannot disprove my assertion.

ecman51`

Why do you assume the universe had to be created from nothing? It could have always just been here.

Or we could maybe even say in the worst case scenario, pure energy always existed. An energy that if broken down into all things that made this energy what it was, could be broken down into everything we know,(like how white light can be broken down into the spectrum - both visible and invisible) and not yet know...a good explanation for God him(it)self.

And atheists already know this. That is why they are on this forum. If they were absolutely positive there was not a God, they would not be here! I don't believe any notion atheists simply waste their time in all this debating, simply to try to discredit believers, just on that merit alone. I don't buy that. It is because they are still desperately seeking concrete proof, one way or the other.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Nice one. You cannot present an argument or evidence to refute the topic of this thread so you resort to vague and baseless accusations.

If you show me one argument, one answer, or one statement that refutes the assertion that "The biblical god does not want people to make an informed decision about life" then I could take your statement seriously.

But since you cannot present such answer, your accusations are meaningless. They only serve as an excuse to hide behind since you cannot disprove my assertion.

remember he said...

It could be argued that it is impossible to make an informed decision about anything...Self-delusion takes many forms. You truly can't be absolutely sure you're not participating in it at this moment.

clearly yosi is not sure if he is capable of making an informed decision because of his delusion...

in short his answer is no god would not have his followers make an informed decision he just added some disclaimers explaining the absurdity of why that is.

Enoughie

remember he said...

clearly yosi is not sure if he is capable of making an informed decision because of his delusion...

in short his answer is no god would not have his followers make an informed decision he just added some disclaimers explaining the absurdity of why that is.
That's the problem with some of the debaters on this forum, and on this thread. Those who oppose my assertion that the biblical god doesn't want people to make an informed decision about life have to refute this assertion. If they cannot refute the assertion, then the assertion stands.

But they hope that if they employ sophism, use empty rhetoric to attack the argument, or insult me or my intelligence, then they can sway public opinion and hide the fact that they cannot refute the assertion. And that is plain intellectual dishonesty.

waitasec

Veteran Member
That's the problem with some of the debaters on this forum, and on this thread. Those who oppose my assertion that the biblical god doesn't want people to make an informed decision about life have to refute this assertion. If they cannot refute the assertion, then the assertion stands.

But they hope that if they employ sophism, use empty rhetoric to attack the argument, or insult me or my intelligence, then they can sway public opinion and hide the fact that they cannot refute the assertion. And that is plain intellectual dishonesty.

it's funny how refuting means moving goal posts to some...
it's obvious, isn't that what faith is all about, making an uniformed decision?
they believe without signs, but when something seems to be evidence, they'll jump all over it...guess they are starving for some steak...

Enoughie

it's funny how refuting means moving goal posts to some...
it's obvious, isn't that what faith is all about, making an uniformed decision?
they believe without signs, but when something seems to be evidence, they'll jump all over it...guess they are starving for some steak...
Religious people love the concept of belief. They think that having belief is all you need, and there's no need for evidence.

The problem is that belief simply means "accepting something as true." Belief without evidence simply means: "accepting something as true without evidence."

How is that a virtue exactly?!