• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why doesn't the world of the internet come out of the screen into the real world ?

Massimo2002

I see people and words and many other things on the internet that feel and look real but why don't these people and things come out of the smartphone screen ?

Elliott

That's terrifying.
With improvements in technologies like the Apple Vision Pro this problem will only get worse. Then again, at that point every one will be able to hang out together in virtual reality no matter where we are in the world... prose and cons i guess.

Massimo2002

Why? Do you disappear when I turn off my device? I know I continue to exist when you turn yours off.
How do I know that these people continue to exist when I can't even see them outside of my Electronic device ? Like I said because I can't see these people outside to me they don't exist.

Massimo2002

With improvements in technologies like the Apple Vision Pro this problem will only get worse. Then again, at that point every one will be able to hang out together in virtual reality no matter where we are in the world... prose and cons i guess.
Isn't the whole world connected already ?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
How do I know that these people continue to exist when I can't even see them outside of my Electronic device ? Like I said because I can't see these people outside to me they don't exist.
Just think about what that means. When your mommy or daddy are out of the room, they don't exist. I wonder who is earning the money to pay the mortgage, then?

Your thinking is wildly solipsistic. You'll notice, for example, that you don't suppose that you disappear when somebody else can't see you -- only that they disappear when you can't see them.

That does not bode well for an emotionally fulfilling life for you, I'm afraid.

Elliott

Isn't the whole world connected already ?
Of course. But with this new tech we'll be able to interact with each other, see each other. Think the Matrix; everyone in their respective pods but able to socialize in a virtual reality. It'll be a far more interactive form of social media than we have now.

Massimo2002

Of course. But with this new tech we'll be able to interact with each other, see each other. Think the Matrix; everyone in their respective pods but able to socialize in a virtual reality. It'll be a far more interactive form of social media than we have now.
I see what your saying everyone will just have there brain hooked up to a computer and totally disconnected from the real world like I said before utterly terrifying.