• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't some people like being Apes?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I had no idea. 'Course I was watching a program on Discovery, A&E, NatGeo or one of those channels which described in detail the fact that some ancients dug up the remains of their family members or loved ones each year on the anniversary of their death and had a formal get-to-gether and dinner with the remains being the guest of honor. Is there no end to it?

"In detail?" Documentaries provide brief introductions at best.

meogi

Riverwolf said:
"In detail?" Documentaries provide brief introductions at best.
Not to mention those channels are in the business of selling commercials. (Maybe not NatGeo/NOVA/PBS.) They'll snippet information so it better fits their little computer generated visual.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Not to mention those channels are in the business of selling commercials. (Maybe not NatGeo/NOVA/PBS.) They'll snippet information so it better fits their little computer generated visual.

They aren't factually inaccurate, but they are sensationalized, and therefore not reliable final sources of information.

RecolitusNex

its kinda weird and it doesn't make much sense and + how come there are still apes around aren't they suppose to have become human by now !!!
any ways thats wat i think

Oh man, I haven't read the entire thread yet, so i'm sure someone has torn this post apart. I'm just so baffled that people still think that, for example, apes just turned into modern day humans. I can't help but feel a little angry at the people who are trying to dumb down our school systems by keeping evolutionary theory and similar topics out of the curriculum. "any ways thats wat i think"

I like it, the idea of my family tree extending back billions of years, and being related in some way to every living organism on the planet.

Why don't some people like this concept?

I don't know why they don't like it. I think it is the most beautiful thing i have ever heard, that everything on the planet is related in some way. It is much more beautiful than the idea that we are somehow above all other living creatures on the planet and have dominion over them, that sounds self-righteous and ugly.

challupa

I don't know why they don't like it. I think it is the most beautiful thing i have ever heard, that everything on the planet is related in some way. It is much more beautiful than the idea that we are somehow above all other living creatures on the planet and have dominion over them, that sounds self-righteous and ugly.
I agree. Oh and welcome to RF!!!:yes:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I'm an ape man, I'm an ape-ape man.
I'm an ape man.
I'm a King Kong man
I'm ape-ape man ... I'm an ape man....

The Kinks

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I'm an ape man, I'm an ape-ape man.
I'm an ape man.
I'm a King Kong man
I'm ape-ape man ... I'm an ape man....

The Kinks
I think that's a poetic way to trumpet human evolution and the way we have come from the other great apes and the hominids of Africa to become the honorary primates that we are and to honorably be called Homo sapiens!. :yes:
sharp, and to the point.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I don't like being called an ape because I don't believe I am an ape. I believe that I am a special unique creation, created a whole person in one day. Plus it is an insult to God.

No insult... If you believe in God, evolution was his intent.

we are incapable of insulting God
Can a flea insult Man?

I don't like being called an ape because I don't believe I am an ape. I believe that I am a special unique creation, created a whole person in one day. Plus it is an insult to God.

What you like to believe and the truth are two different things, you can believe you're special but i'm sorry to burst your bubble....you're not.

Your Mum and Dad were the ones that created you.

thehurticus

The Hurticus
Every body seems to be pulling away from the actual point here. We are not apes. We are homo sapiens. Our evolution or adaptation or whatever you want to call it, is a branch off a path. The same path that primapes branched off of; and every other living organism to ever step foot, fin or belly on this planet, branched off of.

Gabethewiking

Every body seems to be pulling away from the actual point here. We are not apes. We are homo sapiens. Our evolution or adaptation or whatever you want to call it, is a branch off a path. The same path that primapes branched off of; and every other living organism to ever step foot, fin or belly on this planet, branched off of.

I am sorry I just wanted to correct you here, Yes, We are Apes.
Homo sapien sapien are defined as (Naked) Apes. Very simple, read your Evolution :)

'Apes' are not a specific Animal, it is denomination of a specific Group we, Homo sapien sapien, happen to belong to.

thehurticus

The Hurticus
I am sorry I just wanted to correct you here, Yes, We are Apes.
Homo sapien sapien are defined as (Naked) Apes. Very simple, read your Evolution :)

'Apes' are not a specific Animal, it is denomination of a specific Group we, Homo sapien sapien, happen to belong to.

let me be more clear, we are not the common litteral idea of ape. Don't read too litterally.:)

Baydwin

let me be more clear, we are not the common litteral idea of ape. Don't read too litterally.:)
Yeah we are, apart from superficial things like longer legs, shorter arms, bigger brains and less hair we're the same in every way. Technically we're Hominids, but that's just a name for a subgroup of apes.