• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I Converted

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
When I was younger I was forced to have in the belief in Jesus. I was handed all my material and given lectures by people whom I believe I trusted. Maybe that is what went awry, I was forced to believe and not given the choice.
Eventually I became a Altar Boy, to be honest I did not mind the duties and respected what the position I was honored with. I felt the sense of trust and respect by my elders in a sense. I guess I gained a sense of a little to much trust, little did I know at my age I was being fondled my priest and it kept on getting worse. I will leave out all the details but I did not feel right and felt very uncomfortable, I did not tell my parents as this went on for a pretty long time.
Eventually after growing older and moving, I gained the intellect on what was being done to me at the younger age was not normal
I thought to myself, Jesus and God did not like me and he let me down. I became mad and went into a depression a little bit. I started losing faith and started to give a shot to Luciferianism.
To be honest I have not been happier and actually gave me the courage to get my Masters degree in Physics and live a healthy life.

You're not alone in your experience, but please remember Jesus and God did not let you down. Wolf-like clergy disguised in sheep's clothing fleecing the flock of God let you down. -Acts 20vs29,30; 2nd Thess 2vs2-8

Even an atheist can be happy with meaning and purpose in life.
Only the Bible holds out real everlasting 'hope'.

Jesus gave a new commandment at John [13vs34,35] to love as he loved.
Jesus said his genuine followers would be marked by having Christ's self-sacrificing love for others.

What you experienced was not Christ-like love defined at 1st Cor [13vs4-6], but rather you experienced the selfish distorted form of love described at 2nd Timothy [3vs1-5,13] that would mark the bad behavior and attitudes in these last days of badness on earth before Jesus will take action to set things straight.

May all go well with you.

blackout

Violet.
For the simple reason that we were also given free will, and therefore it's up to YOU to determine what to believe and what to follow!

And I would suggest there are far more constructive religions out there than what you've chosen: it's just a matter of looking around, finding them, and investigating them so you can come to an informed, non-prejudiced ("non-prejudged") conclusion!

Peace, :)

Bruce

You can suggest it sure,
but surely you realize you have no basis
to say what religion might be more or less constructive
for anyone but your own self? :shrug:

Most of us on the Left,
actually came here from the right,
and are perfectly happy
walking our Own paths. thanks.;)

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
Ok. Well some moron has posted a pretty typical thread
under the notion that he/she
has been "scathingly clever and original".

I'll keep my previous post up however,
because the OP may just as well have been true,
and my point still stands.