• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why insult?

Jumi

I think the French government has said that these people had nothing to do with Islam. So your sources are wrong. No mosques were attacked by any government as result of these attacks.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
According to that logic it would be okay to decapitate hundreds of Israelis because they committed what Muslims consider treason as well and killed many thousands of Muslims in the last 50 years.

Muhammad didn't just kill people at Quaryza. Not all of those men and boys deserved to get their heads cut off.

Muhammad is like a little child who can't control his temper and calls for the killing of those who don't submit to his ideas.

Any wimp can kill people. A lot of people do it for fun. It actually takes strength, maturity, and self-control to control one's anger.

Therefore ISIS is responsible for this attacks not Islam
Isis are actually acting in many ways like the serial murderer Prophet they follow. Muslims who kill their enemies follow the life and example of Muhammad more than the Muslims who are pacifists.

You can call these insults but I don't consider it wrong to insult cold blooded heartless killers who bring nothing but misery and bigotry to our world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reza02

A Muslim young
Prophet Mohammad had a lot of enemies because he said somethings that aristocrats didn't like them. For example he said people are same and aristocrats mustn't to oppress slaves.
Before prophet Mohammad it has occurred many wars between tribes and if a tribe defeats their wifes and doughters must be slaves. So they liked boys and if a girl was borns they were buried her alive. Prophet Mohammad said don't do this.
Before him people were worshipping idols. He said you made idols from wood and stone, So your creature can't be your creator.
And many peoples loved him because he was defending their for example slaves and freemen.
He had a lot of followers in Medina so he emigrated there.
His enemies would to kill him so they attacked there several times but Muslims defenced their religion, their town, their wifes,etc in commom with prophet Mohammad.

Muhammad didn't just kill people at Quaryza. Not all of those men and boys deserved to get their heads cut off.

Any wimp can kill people. A lot of people do it for fun. It actually takes strength, maturity, and self-control to control one's anger.

Isis are actually acting in many ways like the serial murderer Prophet they follow. Muslims who kill their enemies follow the life and example of Muhammad more than the Muslims who are pacifists

Islam says if you kill one person it likes you killed all of humans.
If you look at historical books which are discussing about Conquest of Mecca you can understand prophet Mohammad is more pacifist than you think.
Muslims were going to Mecca for Haj but Idolworshippers persectured them.
So in 628 AD signed a peace between Muslims and Idolworshippers that known "Hodaybia peace".
One of the provisions of the peace was Muslims must be in Medina this year and they can travel to Mecca since next year on the condition that they don't stay longer than three days in Mecca and they mustn't have any arms but the sword and they can't use it in the town.
Instead, their life and property must be protected.
But Idolworshippers violated and killed some Muslims.
So prophet Mohammad attacked to Mecca in 630 AD.
In this battle nobody dead. Prophet Mohammad burnd some flames around Mecca in night and Idolworshippers thought Muslims are more than they thought before. So they opened the gates and submited.
When prophet Mohammad entred the town he issued a general pardon and a lot of them made Muslims like Abu-Sofyan.

Last edited:

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
It was near two weeks ago that two ISIS terrorists killed 14 persons including 2 Muslims and after this time French goverment began insulting to all that Islam sacred. Terrorists were two radicalists but question is if two radicalists were responsible for the attacks why Islam were insulted?
Whether these events occurred without knowledge of French goverment?
Why the French goverment began to desacration of mosques instead of retaliation by ISIS terrorists in Iraq and Syria? Are the French goverment has released just a village from ISIS terrorists in Iraq or Syria? Is it logical?
Why desecration? Why burning mosques? Why caricature?
If two radicalists were atacked why French caricaturists are making their caricatures of prophet Mohammad?
Insulting religions is forbidden in Islam and nobody insults other relogions in Middle East contries.
Why French goverment is accusing Iran of violating human rights, while Muslims aren't safe in this country?
However we see Christians are living in Islamic countries such as Syria, Lebanon,etc. And they are as same as other people.

Translated mostly with Google translate
Why insult?

Because the freedom to mock and speak freely was fought and died for for thousands of years. It is a treasure worth dying for. It is a real thing of value.

Reza02

A Muslim young
Why insult?

Because the freedom to mock and speak freely was fought and died for for thousands of years. It is a treasure worth dying for. It is a real thing of value.

Belifs are important for everybody.
Criticism is good but it mustn't be accompanied by insults

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Criticism is free. That is the point And no, it need not be accompanied by insult - but when it is, you just get on with your life. The war will be between those who value this freedom and those who do not. And we outnumber you buddy.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
It was near two weeks ago that two ISIS terrorists killed 14 persons including 2 Muslims and after this time French goverment began insulting to all that Islam sacred. Terrorists were two radicalists but question is if two radicalists were responsible for the attacks why Islam were insulted?
Whether these events occurred without knowledge of French goverment?
Why the French goverment began to desacration of mosques instead of retaliation by ISIS terrorists in Iraq and Syria? Are the French goverment has released just a village from ISIS terrorists in Iraq or Syria? Is it logical?
Why desecration? Why burning mosques? Why caricature?
If two radicalists were atacked why French caricaturists are making their caricatures of prophet Mohammad?
Insulting religions is forbidden in Islam and nobody insults other relogions in Middle East contries.
Why French goverment is accusing Iran of violating human rights, while Muslims aren't safe in this country?
However we see Christians are living in Islamic countries such as Syria, Lebanon,etc. And they are as same as other people.

Translated mostly with Google translate
Why do you feel tha religion should be off-limits to criticism? I am a Christian, and I welcome criticism as it forces me to question my faith ... a practice that is essential in being a good religious person.

All in all, this is an issue of freedom. Muslims are welcome to follow the rules of their religion, but they have no right to expect others to follow the rules as well. The only reason why Muhammad wouldn't be able to be drawn would be the rules of Islam. So why do you expect non-Muslims and the non-religious to follow the rules of Islam or even respect them? That seems to me to be forcing Islam on those that don't want it.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
All in all, this is an issue of freedom. Muslims are welcome to follow the rules of their religion, but they have no right to expect others to follow the rules as well. The only reason why Muhammad wouldn't be able to be drawn would be the rules of Islam. So why do you expect non-Muslims and the non-religious to follow the rules of Islam or even respect them? That seems to me to be forcing Islam on those that don't want it.

Criticism is ok, but insulting is not necessary.

If they only draw without adding vulgarity it would have been much better.
And i say it in general not just about religion.

leibowde84

Veteran Member

There is artistic value in vulgarity, so I would be wholeheartedly against restraining it in artistic or political expression.

Again, I find the problem entirely with those that react in a childish or violent way. These kinds of insults or criticisms will always be around, so each and every one of us has the responsibility to react well, no matter who it insults. Thick skin is a requirement to be considered an adult in this globalized world. Anyone without one should be rightly ridiculed as being childish.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Insults are and will always be a constant in this world. It is the responsibility of every adult to have a thick skin and react in reasonable ways. Insults are in bad taste, I agree, but the right to insult/criticize and our obligation to react reasonably to insults far outweighs any aspect of "bad taste" associated with the expression.

Vulgarity has artistic value in many cases, so restricting it is a direct attack on free expression.

Trolle

Just Be

I agree. I believe in free speech but insulting anyone is never ok. Neither is attacking someone who insulted you.
You reap what you sow, so if you purposely insult someone than you should be prepared for the consequences. That's not to say that anyone should have been killed over a depiction of Mohammed. However, what was their point in doing so but to intentionally **** people off?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Again, I find the problem entirely with those that react in a childish or violent way. These kinds of insults or criticisms will always be around, so each and every one of us has the responsibility to react well, no matter who it insults. Thick skin is a requirement to be considered an adult in this globalized world. Anyone without one should be rightly ridiculed as being childish.

Unless folks are willing to be thick-skinned, folk's freedoms will be minimized. Those politicians, preachers, and pundits who encourage people to be thin-skinned are the anti-social enemies of human freedoms and liberties.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Unfortunately, Pastek, there will always be someone in this world who is insulted by anything you say that he or she disagrees with, no matter how innocuously you say it. And that jerk will then say, "Criticism would have been ok, but Pastek insulted me. We must do something about that Pastek because they insult people!"

Pastek

Sunni muslim
However, what was their point in doing so but to intentionally **** people off?

They have always been like that. In fact, what they want is to **** off people like you say.

People abroad were shocked and extremists used that feeling.
These kinds of insults or criticisms will always be around, so each and every one of us has the responsibility to react well, no matter who it insults. Thick skin is a requirement to be considered an adult in this globalized world. Anyone without one should be rightly ridiculed as being childish.

Exactly. But you have to understand that some people (muslims) are not used to that because it's not in their mentality to insult a religion, nor to use vulgarity in general.

Anyway, i think that the majority will get used to it, but extremists will always try to take an advantage of it.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Unfortunately, Pastek, there will always be someone in this world who is insulted by anything you say that he or she disagrees with, no matter how innocuously you say it. And that jerk will then say, "Criticism would have been ok, but Pastek insulted me. We must do something about that Pastek because they insult people!"

True. Honestly i don't really care because i was used to see christianity mocked so i knew it will be our turn.

I hope muslims will understand that people will continue to fight for their freedom of speech in their countries, and that killing people is clearly not the solution.

Trolle

Just Be
[QUOTE="leibowde84, post: 4118043, member: 56049

Again, I find the problem entirely with those that react in a childish or violent way. These kinds of insults or criticisms will always be around, so each and every one of us has the responsibility to react well, no matter who it insults. Thick skin is a requirement to be considered an adult in this globalized world. Anyone without one should be rightly ridiculed as being childish.[/QUOTE]

I would argue that it's equally childish to purposely insult someone.