• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is your religion right for you?

9harmony

Katzpur said:
This is not a thread about why your religion is true and everyone else's is false.

I want to know what it is about your religion that attracts you to it. What does your religion provide you with that no other religion could manage to provide as well? What are the best parts of your religion? Why wouldn't you want to ever change your beliefs? All I want to do is see what it is about your own religion that makes it unique and special to you?

The Baha'i Faith actually teaches all of the things that i've always believed. It was so wonderful to find a religion that resonates so well with my core beliefs. I had struggled for years with teachings that contradicted what i believed to be true. For me the struggle has ended. ;)

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Nothing, for me, quite sets humanity free from the bonds of human sin and death like Christianity. Nothing quite speaks to love, forgiveness, compassion, forbearance, and mercy as Christianity does. Nothing quite unites us to God as Christianity does.

Squirt

9harmony said:
The Baha'i Faith actually teaches all of the things that i've always believed. It was so wonderful to find a religion that resonates so well with my core beliefs. I had struggled for years with teachings that contradicted what i believed to be true. For me the struggle has ended. ;)
That is really neat. Seriously, you've got to go with what feels right to you personally. That pretty much sums up why I'm a Latter-day Saint. Once you have found that religion, you can't just deny it in an effort to be politically correct. And for what it's worth, there are a lot of things about the Baha'i Faith that I find very appealing. If I were to join any non-Christian religion, it would be that one.

Ody

Why does it fit me? Well thats easy actually, it fills out my belief in one rational G-d, and all who are good are rewarded regardless of faith!

Abram

Abraham
Everyday is better then the next day. The more I fall in love with the creator of the heavens and earth the more my problems go away. He is the only desire that never lets me down. It's no longer about trying to be good or acting a certain way. It's just giving up on trying to find happiness in the world and being at peace with the Lord. I recommend it to everyone...