• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why not just a voice? Why both, the voice and the burning bush?

atrueoriginall

Why not just a voice? Why both the voice and the burning bush?
Could the burning bush have been a creosote bush?

Sure, the bush may have been the nekkid sage but let me go about my story.

Many desert plants can start afire by lightening, but even so, most all desert floras will go out as soon as the fire has consumed the majority of the kindle. Say for instance the bush was a common sage. This would have been a very appropriate bush to choose (sage) so to speak, but a fire would have only burned for maybe 15 to 20 minutes. I would like to think that the bush had to be that of the creosote bush.

Why the creosote bush? Was it because a fire would last for hours due to the pitch burning?

Lets look at the creosote's properties. The pitch of the creosote is a coal tar, which today we have discovered is a carcinogen. Coal tar manufactures “free radicals”, which are responsible for most all cancers in the body because they destroy healthy cells. Carcinogens cause cancer, which is a disease that can be cured today if caught in its early stages for many.

Was the creosote a metaphor for “cancer causing” free radicals? It’s as if God was saying, here’s my “pitch”. It has everything to do with something that grows inside you like a cancer.

This doesn’t mean that if you sin you will get cancer or if you have cancer you are a sinner. Instead, it appears to be a simple metaphor, parable or example, which means, if you can catch your cancer "sin", the “free radical” in you, in the early stages and stop the things you are doing you will live a longer life. Obviously, a big job for Moses, in respect to his people after he walked down the mountain.

The following may appear a little blasphemous, but stay with me.

The largest use we have in the world for the creosote is as a preservative used for the preservation of the telephone pole. Creosote is that brown sticky, stuff found on all telephone poles, which preserves the wood. We have millions upon millions of telephone poles resembling crucifixes all over the earth serving as a message or a sign of communication to one another and a sign of communication across the waters with other nations. If you are on dial-up right now, you are also using it to receive or deliver God’s messages right here in this forum. Preservatives are used to make things last. The vision we have of Jesus hanging on the crucifix and his works have lasted over 2000 years. That is one of long lasting preservation.

Furthermore, we know that the work of Jesus was written long before his birth. On that note, then the "preservation" of Jesus was written as well at the same time and it would have overlapped the burning bush and even the Ten Commandments.

The only thing I find bothersome is that the creosote bush in this example relates to no other time then today.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
The creosotic heresy was clearly rebuffed in
II Opinions 4:3 The Lord doth reject all that which is creosote as it tarnishes the soul! Blessed is the one who looks upon the nekkid sage as it burns without being consumed.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Furthermore, we know that the work of Jesus was written long before his birth
We do?

And then what? Would Moses have found himself on commandment number four when the fire went out.
The bush was before the exodus(I'm pretty sure) and thus before the commandments.

martha

It doesn't matter to me if the facts are correct, beloved. That was a truly profound way of explaining the burning bush and the subliminal crucifix in our everyday lives. Facetious or serious, I for one liked the creativity. :)
Blessings to you for your sharing. Welcome.

Joyfully in Jesus,
Martha

Ronald

NetDoc said:
The creosotic heresy was clearly rebuffed in
II Opinions 4:3 The Lord doth reject all that which is creosote as it tarnishes the soul! Blessed is the one who looks upon the nekkid sage as it burns without being consumed.
It is written!:woohoo:

Let's you and I pool our sheckels and buy that "Arizona Ocean Front Property?" LOL

cardero

Citizen Mod
Why not just a voice? Why both, the voice and the burning bush?

Why speak just to Moses? Why not address all of the Isrealites? Why lure Moses up the mountain away from the eyes of others? Why give Moses the commandments and not write them on the mountain for everyone to see? Why write them on stone tablets instead of handing out a bunch of pamphlets like they do today? Why make Moses carry them down the mountainside instead of producing them at the bottom? Why did GOD have Moses write THE BIBLE instead of authoring it Himself?

TRUE GOD FACT No. 1
GOD does not ask humans to do anything that GOD cannot DO him/herself.

If you just thought you heard a voice, you would probably blow it off - likewise if you saw a bush burning - not exactly out of the ordinary - however, if that burning bush started talking to you? Now there's something to write home about!

Maybe Moses was hallucinating?

Prominence

Meditate and Contemplate on the "I AM" within and you will discover the Burning Bush. Symbology riddles "religious" texts.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Why just have one when you can do both? After all, if your going to convince someone your God, the more impressive the better.