• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Quest is not Atheist

questfortruth

At the time the Quest was born, no agnostic atheism was founded.
There were only Gnostic Atheists around in USSR.
Such gnostic atheist Bob has a debate with Quest:

Bob: "God does not exist."

Quest: "Why?"

Bob: "There is no evidence for it."

Quest: "Evidence is proof. So, your idea is: "God does not exist because there is no proof of God." But there is no proof of the Riemann Hypothesis; however, nobody claims that the Riemann Hypothesis must be wrong."

Bob: "Evidence is not proof. The proof is a stronger word than Evidence. Evidence is a hint. Hint for B is increase of probability for B. For example, the hint for Big Bang is the redshift of galaxies."

Quest: "The hint for Old Testament of the Bible is the existence of Jerusalem and Jews. This is a hint for God. Hence -- there are pieces of Evidence for God."

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Quest: "Evidence is proof. So, your idea is: "God does not exist because there is no proof of God." But there is no proof of the Riemann Hypothesis; however, nobody claims that the Riemann Hypothesis must be wrong."

Bob: "Evidence is not proof. The proof is a stronger word than Evidence. Evidence is a hint. For example, the hint for Big Bang is the redshift of galaxies."

Quest: "The hint for Old Testament of the Bible is the existence of Jerusalem and Jews. This is a hint for God. Hence -- there are pieces of Evidence for God."

Belief is not evidence

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Bob: "Evidence is not proof. The proof is a stronger word than Evidence. Evidence is a hint. For example, the hint for Big Bang is the redshift of galaxies."

Why do you use atheists as an example again in the headline?

What is your goal in this threads you making?

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics

A book such as the Bible can have a lot of truth in it. I would even suspect the atheists who believe Jesus never existed would admit and say that the Bible has some truth in it. That doesn't mean the entire story is true however. Think of it like this: If someone writes a biography about someone else, that is true, right? But do you expect that the person writing the biography will get every detail right? The Gospels are simply a biography of Jesus, told through many generations and carried out through scriptural form. If someone wrote a story about me hundreds of years after I passed, even if they had in possession everything I wrote on the Internet, my entire history as you will, there would still be many gaps in their knowledge. And to say that someone is the Son of God when that person never meant or knew him personally feels out of place for me.