• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Should Bestiality Be Against The Law?

nnmartin

perhaps they just don't fancy you?

as for the list of diseases you forgot about these two - leptospirosis, and Q Fever.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'd have to disagree with you there. I've never seen any puppies that seemed interested in sex.
It's not common, and it seems to be the more assertive puppies. But I have seen them, only a few months old and humping each other. Although it may be in the same sense that a human infant will touch and stimulate themselves, not as a sexual act but just as something that feels good.

nnmartin

Dogs can start as soon as they are moving around without any trouble.

so what would you figure the age of consent to be with a dog because the fact that they can 'start' does not mean anything.

many humans can 'start' at around 12 or 13 - that is considered underage though.

nnmartin

Both of which manifest in Humans who have had no sexual contact with the animals.

Don't forget HIV as well - potentially new strains that could cause havoc with drug resistance issues.

and just because you can catch these diseases anyway does not mean we should legalise behaviour that will increase the risks.

Tiberius

But since it is not really any more risky to do one than the other, how can you use this as grounds to ban one and not the other?

nnmartin

But since it is not really any more risky to do one than the other, how can you use this as grounds to ban one and not the other?

because you may catch a different strain of HIV off an animal or one which may cause problems with drug resistance.

what do you say to this?

Tiberius

Please show me evidence that there are strains of HIV that you can catch off animals that cannot be caught off humans.

nnmartin

I think it is common knowledge that AIDS came from monkeys originally and their version is called SIV.

Humans can catch this form.

do you think it would be a good idea to ban man from having sex with primates?

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
I think it is common knowledge that AIDS came from monkeys originally and their version is called SIV.
It was once common knowledge that the world is flat and that the sun was pulled across the sky by a chariot - we have since learned that 'common knowledge' is a less than ideal source of facts.

nnmartin

Science has proven that AIDS came from primates.

Now here is a question for you and Tiberius: If an SIV+ monkey was let into your home and had unprotected sex with your girlfriend for one week would you then feel the need to use a condom when it was your turn?

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
It should be pointed out that although it is possible to contract SIV from primates (generally comes from bushmeat rather than sex) the human immune system easily destroys it.

nnmartin

would you take the chance then?

and if the human immune system supposedly destroys SIV then how come humans got the virus from primates in the first place?

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
would you take the chance then?

and if the human immune system supposedly destroys SIV then how come humans got the virus from primates in the first place?

No I wouldn't, but then I have no desire to have sex with animals.

A varient of SIV most likely did make the species jump and evolved into HIV, but that is the exception rather than the rule.

In any event the risk of disease is not the issue, since that could be easily overcome by using protection. The issue is consent, and although animals can no doubt have a desire for sex with humans they do so completely ignorant of the potential risks to them and us.

Hence why I support incest but not bestiality.

nnmartin

that sounds like a good post.

I wonder if Tiberius and friends will agree though............

Zoe Doidge said:
A varient of SIV most likely did make the species jump and evolved into HIV, but that is the exception rather than the rule.

Surely this is another good reason to ban bestiality.

The fact that it is possible for a species jump of an extremely harmful virus.

Last edited: