• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Should Bestiality Be Against The Law?

Tiberius

How about mentioning a culture or group where bestiality is considered normal.

Show us an example of where in the World people undertake this activity on a regular basis and let's see where that goes...

Yes, I can name a group that routinely uses animal sex to acheive sexual satisfaction. They're called Zoophiles.

Anyway, this is irrelevant. I can show that people today do lots of things which fall into this category. Do you propose that we ban all those activities?

nnmartin

I didn't say a dog licking your face, I said a dog getting their tongue inside your mouth. That was to demonstrate the most people would think a dogs tongue in your mouth is disgusting. While I wouldn't say it's pleasant, after a few times you kinda get used to it

ok, you would get used to it - but it's still disgusting or unpleasant as you say so yourself.
Now if you take this same basic concept of viewing things as disgusting as being a personal view point, and up it a few steps, you will start to realize that many things are only disgusting because it's what your told to think.
err......hello!

Up it a few steps - is that all? Now we jump from dog licking face to intercouse with the local goat. Come on , your comparisons are little short of schoolboy mentality.

Having a french kiss with a dog would be disgusting for many reasons, not least its breath - no one would need to tell me to think that.
Most Americans wouldn't even dream about cracking open a duck egg and eating a partially developed duckling, but in some parts of the world it's considered a delicacy
Eating habits and sexuality are two completely different areas.

Yet another pointless Shadow Wolf analogy.
And nice way to dodge the articles I posted, especially the second one that explains bestiality is being used to define human sexuality.
The article is just mindless speculation.

here's a gem from it:
The first case study appeared in 2002 in the journal Sexual Abuse and documented the story of a low-IQ’ed, antisocial, fifty-four-year-old convict who had a strong sexual interest in horses. In fact, this was why he was in prison for the fourth time on related offenses; in the latest incident, he had cruelly killed a mare out of jealousy because he thought she’d been giving eyes to a certain stallion. (You thought you had issues.)
A good example of a true zoophile.

Last edited:

nnmartin

Yes, I can name a group that routinely uses animal sex to acheive sexual satisfaction. They're called Zoophiles.

Circular logic by the staunch anti-circular logic campaigner!

Anyway, this is irrelevant. I can show that people today do lots of things which fall into this category. Do you propose that we ban all those activities?

Pointless analogy by the staunch anti-analogy campaigner!

How about some consistency?

Tiberius

Circular logic by the staunch anti-circular logic campaigner!

And now that you have demonstrated that you are capable of recognizing circular logic, you have no excuse for using it.

Pointless analogy by the staunch anti-analogy campaigner!

No, not pointless.

I am simply pointing out that an activity need not be undertaken on a regular basis in order for it to be accepted.

nnmartin

I have read almost all of this thread and no where do I see anybody saying it is normal.

Except Tiberius of course.

Given that if a human and an animal have sex and both want to do it, none of those rules are being broken, I don't see a problem.

the point is that different people have different ideas about what is okay. And if what one person thinks is okay doesn't hurt anyone and doesn't involve anyone against their will, then who are you to say it is wrong?

Not seeing a problem in something is a good as saying it is normal - or are you to have yet another semantics escape routine?

Last edited:

nnmartin

So something has to be normal somewhere in order for you to accept it?

not at all, but I still note that you haven't come up with a place where bestiality is accepted as normal - no doubt because you cannot or it is a place of such base primeval urges that it would only serve to highlight the neanderthal kind of people that go in for this behaviour.

Unlike harnessing them up to plows and whipping them around the race course, or where we keep them in neck stocks for the rest of their life so they can provide us with milk where they're all pleading: More master. More.
:facepalm:
that is totally different
the fact you are using an animal for that kind of physical pleasure is sick and wrong
we have eachother as humans to fulfill needs like that
all you have to do is put in the work and build relationships with other people instead of taking the easy route and taking advantage of an animal

Animal meat is most of all used for gastronomical gratification and nothing more. If vegetarianism was imposible then you could say meat is for sustenance.

edit: Besides, most of the conditions he described are not even necessary for obtening the food. Better laws could be made for better conditions for cows that give milk and so on.
:clap yes thats exactly what im saying

riley2112

Except Tiberius of course.

Not seeing a problem in something is a good as saying it is normal - or are to have yet another semantics escape routine?
hey , I am with you , it is not my cup of tea eiher. But not seeing a problem in something is not saying it is normal. I don't see a problem with me winning the lotto. but it sure as hell ain't normal. I don't think you are getting the point that is being made here. But take your time.:facepalm:

Unfortunately, or maybe, fortunately, we don't make laws based on what you or anyone else considers stupid behavior. Harmful, yes, but not just stupid.

From what? And as for harmful, there are countless things we do every day that are potentially harmful, yet we don't make laws against them.

Interesting that you ignored horse racing. Not to mention dog racing and dog sledding. And how about cooping up wild animals in cages for the entire life (zoos). Think they'd choose these cages over the open wild if they had their druthers?
dude ur missing the point
we are talking about sex with animals being different from normal practices such as using them as food
the whole entertainment aspect of it in irrelevent... even if it was part of the debate, using them as racing horses and what not is way better then confusing them with those sick acts
Also it is harmful to the human in a sense... psychologically they could see as a domination thing and start with animals and end up raping people or worse

riley2112

dude ur missing the point
we are talking about sex with animals being different from normal practices such as using them as food
the whole entertainment aspect of it in irrelevent... even if it was part of the debate, using them as racing horses and what not is way better then confusing them with those sick acts
Also it is harmful to the human in a sense... psychologically they could see as a domination thing and start with animals and end up raping people or worse
Come on , you had me until now. That is like saying don't smoke weed or you may turn into a clown killer. Please.:facepalm:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Having a french kiss with a dog would be disgusting for many reasons, not least its breath - no one would need to tell me to think that.
Meh. I figure my dogs mouth is cleaner than the mouth of anyone I've ever kissed so it can't be that bad.

A good example of a true zoophile.
Yeah? The point is, is the article adds even more merit to the genetics argument of sexual orientation. It also helps to confirm that no one really chooses there sexuality. They can make choices based on it, but ultimately their is no choice in what you are sexually attracted to. If your own genetic code had designed you to be attracted to tall, pale skinned men, then that is what you would be attracted to. Had your genetic code designed you to be attracted to brown horses, then that is what would turn you on. Of course it is your choice to act on that attraction, and there are various levels of attraction, but the truth is we really don't get a very big say-so in the type of people we are.

Not seeing a problem in something is a good as saying it is normal - or are to have yet another semantics escape routine?
Your own argument is pretty weak to be criticizing another. Defining what is normal and abnormal is based upon how frequently a trait occurs within a species. Seeing no problem with something is just that; not having any objections to a particular issue. I don't have a problem with left handed people, but statistically they are far from normal.

Last edited:

nnmartin

Meh. I figure my dogs mouth is cleaner than the mouth of anyone I've ever kissed so it can't be that bad.

sure it is, I much prefer snogging the dog out in the back yard than my girlfriend!

much sweeter breath and a better tongue action for sure! :drool:

Come on , you had me until now. That is like saying don't smoke weed or you may turn into a clown killer. Please.:facepalm:
nnah no its not
i can admit i streatched a little bit with the" or worse ":sorry1: but to me i feel that there is no NEED to do it at all
there is no real need to do sexual acts to animals and sense you are violating the animal,that is why it is wrong
its one " fetish" that is not supposed to be allowed to perform