• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why take religion so seriously?

outhouse

Atheistically
and some disagrre so much that they hit each other over the head with nasty things that hurt.

What is the big deal?

more then anything its different levels of education talking.

education "can" get limited with religion.

limited education equals confusion.

confusion equals arguements.

Now with all that said even though religious belief drops off with education roughly %15 still hold strong to faith alone.

belief in something with 0 evidence or proof will bring on arguements

most cultures carry allot of different faiths, this leeds to arguments.

me I find your point vaild, I find this living faith a barbaric practice ancient man followed that modern man hasnt ditched yet.

There is alwasy hope for the future. Fight ignorance, not religion.

tarekabdo12

You can't blame anybody if he takes religion seriously, people take many less important ideas seriously like their appearance, car brand, the wage they earn, the job they do despite that these ideas r not as crucial as religion. Religion describes the relation of the human being to the whole world and to a coming afterlife which is eternal so how can people not take it seriously?

The problem is the way people take religion seriously and their inability to consider the differences and how 2 manage them.

Religion must be taken seriously because-as I think- it's the most splendid thing on earth.
1- Religion gives life a true meaning and a great value.
2- It teaches us great morals without which life on earth'd be a kind of perdition.
3- It gives you the idea that at all times there is a great almighty God who is behind u and whom u can rely on in the hardest and most crucial times. These alleviates ur fear and concern about the great unknown future. You can tolerate many hard times and still have great hope.
4-It lets u feel that you are above this ending world full of pain and bad times. One day it'll end and u'll have a great life if u do well on earth.
5- It encourage su 2 do everything that's right and better to the world and alleviates the great struggle for life. Most contradictions arise from struggle 4 materialistic things as money and power not because of religion. Those who have a great ambition in this ending life use religion to conquer people's minds and guide them to do what makes them reach their ambition , howver religion is not at all the source of struggle. People who misled others using religion r the source of this struggle. The true religion calls 4 tolerance. Like Bin Laden , He hates America and uses religion 2 fight it, however Islam never told him 2 do so and kill civilians. He used the word of Islam 2 sweeten his crimes. If religion disappears life would turn into hell and people would fight more and more.

tarekabdo12

[FONT=&quot]Keeping in mind the importance of religion and the truth of religion are two completely different things, with either one being able to be true without the other, religion is important because it provides us with rules for living on which we advance our society. It is possible for non-religious people to act by religious morals, but in general they don't, and the ones that do are usually trying to prove that they don't need religion, rather than striving to make the world better. Religion is the hope which motivates the human race to advance itself beyond it's current limitations.[/FONT]

tarekabdo12

[FONT=&quot]Because religion is the whole life. However, taking religion seriously doesn't mean to fight with others but you should try to convince them and exchange ideas and if they aren't convinced, it's their own choice and they've total freedom to perform what they like. Actually, those who harm others because of having different religious perspective don't do this because religion tells them so. On the contrary, they do so because of their selfishness, they want "my religion"- I mean their religion- to be the best ant their opinion to be the ruling and dominant one forgetting about what is actually the truth.
Religion is so important 4 it's guidance to the way in life. As a Muslim I consider every action in my life to be a part of worshiping God. That's what Islam teaches us. Every good thing we do in our life is a part of God's worship. Religion guides us through our whole relation with life. It tells us to be sincere and honest. Don't do right things waiting for people to clap their hands 4 u. Yes, in life u may do many great things and you may be faced with no touch of gratitude nor appreciation. If there was no religion; altruism, sacrifice and many good things would die and perish. Many people would destroy others because of contradicting ambition and ideas. Kindness and morals would be regarded stupid as there is no profit from them. Why would somebody give money to the poor?[/FONT]

tarekabdo12

The first rule about Islam dealing with other faiths is that everybody has the right to choose his religion and to worship what he wants even if Islam doesn't confirm his opinion. I don't know if anybody says something against this but if he does so he's wrongful. You have total liberty to choose your religious beliefs according to the Islamic dogma.
So if u take this seriously, u won't fight others because of having different beliefs.

tarekabdo12

[FONT=&quot]If that's what religion offers us to do so what's the problem of taking it seriously?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Abu Yahya Suhaib bin Sinan (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "How wonderful is the case of a believer; there is good for him in everything and this applies only to a believer. If prosperity attends him, he expresses gratitude to Allah and that is good for him; and if adversity befalls him, he endures it patiently and that is better for him".
[Muslim].[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"O you who believe! Endure and be more patient.."[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. (3:200)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirun (the patient)"[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. (2:155)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.''[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (39:10)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"And verily, whosoever shows patience and forgives, that would truly be from the things recommended by Allah.''[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (42:43)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Seek help in patience and As-Salat (the prayer). Truly, Allah is with As-Sabirun (the patient).''[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (2:153)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: Certain people of the Ansar asked the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) and he gave them; then they again asked him and he gave them until all what he possessed was exhausted. Then the Prophet (PBUH) said, "Whatever wealth I have, I will not withhold from you. Whosoever would be chaste and modest; Allah will keep him chaste and modest and whosoever would seek self-sufficiency, Allah will make him self-sufficient; and whosoever would be patient, Allah will give him patience, and no one is granted a gift better and more comprehensive than patience".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Abdullah bin Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Truth leads to piety and piety leads to Jannah. A man persists in speaking the truth till he is enrolled with Allah as a truthful. Falsehood leads to vice and vice leads to the Fire (Hell), and a person persists on telling lies until he is enrolled as a liar".'
[Agreed upon].[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "It is from the excellence of (a believer's) Islam that he should shun that which is of no concern to him".
[At-Tirmidhi].[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Those (i.e., believers) unto whom the people (hypocrites) said, `Verily, the people (pagans) have gathered against you (a great army), therefore, fear them.' But it (only) increased them in Faith, and they said: `Allah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us)'. So they returned with grace and bounty from Allah. No harm touched them; and they followed the good Pleasure of Allah. And Allah is the Owner of great bounty".[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (3:173,174)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"And put your trust (O Muhammad (PBUH)) in the Ever Living One Who dies not.''[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (25:58)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"And in Allah (Alone) let the believers, put their trust.''[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (14:11)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]`Umar (May Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying: "If you all depend on Allah with due reliance, He would certainly give you provision as He gives it to birds who go forth hungry in the morning and return with full belly at dusk".
[At-Tirmidhi].[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Prophet (PBUH) said, "No one of you becomes a true believer until he likes for his brother what he likes for himself".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"A Muslim is a brother to a Muslim. He should neither deceive him nor lie to him, nor leave him without assistance. Everything belonging to a Muslim is inviolable for a Muslim; his honour, his blood and property. Piety is here (and he pointed out to his chest thrice). It is enough for a Muslim to commit evil by despising his Muslim brother.''[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "I will be like this in Jannah with the person who takes care of an orphan". Messenger of Allah (PBUH) raised his forefinger and middle finger by way of illustration.[/FONT]

tarekabdo12

[FONT=&quot]"A Miskin (needy) is not the one who can be turned away with a date-fruit or two, or a morsel or two. The true Miskin is one who, despite his poverty, abstains from begging".[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"One who strives to help the widows and the poor is like the one who fights in the way of Allah[/FONT][FONT=&quot].'' The narrator said: I think that he (PBUH) added also: "I shall regard him as the one who stands up (for prayer) without rest and as the one who observes fasts continuously".
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"The worst food is the food of the marriage banquet to which the rich are invited and from which the poor are left out".[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[Muslim].[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"He who is involved (in the responsibility) of (bringing up) daughters, and he is benevolent towards them, they would become protection for him against Hell-fire".[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Prophet (PBUH) said, "O Allah, I declare inviolable the rights of two weak ones: the orphans and women".
[An-Nasa'i].[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "A believer must not hate (his wife) believing woman; if he dislikes one of her characteristics he will be pleased with another".
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Treat women kindly, they are like captives in your hands; you do not owe anything else from them. In case they are guilty of open indecency, then do not share their beds and beat them lightly but if they return to obedience, do not have recourse to anything else against them. You have rights over your wives and they have their rights over you. Your right is that they shall not permit anyone you dislike to enter your home, and their right is that you should treat them well in the matter of food and clothing".[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[At-Tirmidhi].[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Jibril kept recommending treating neighbours with kindness until I thought he would assign a share of inheritance".
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I asked the Messenger of Allah (PBUH): "Who is the most excellent among the Muslims?'' He said, "One from whose tongue and hands the other Muslims are secure.''
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Prophet (PBUH) said, "He who believes in Allah and the Last Day must either speak good or remain silent.''
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The person who goes about with calumnies will never enter Jannah.''
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/hadeeth/riyad/default.htm[/FONT]

tarekabdo12

I've never found any problem with taking religion seriously. In fact,I've been happier and treated people in a better way.

BruceDLimber

Taking religion seriously doesn't mean we fight because of having different religious beliefs. However, everybody has the right to choose his belief and way to live, and this is asserted by the Qur'an in Islam. Nobody should prevent anybody from practicing his freedom in choices however we can talk together and exchange ideas.

And as soon as Muslim governments such as Iran honestly RECOGNIZE this precept and grant Baha'is full rights to practice their religion instead of persecuting them, lying about them, jailing them, and executing them, then your statement will indeed carry much weight

Peace,

Bruce
!

tarekabdo12

And as soon as Muslim governments such as Iran honestly RECOGNIZE this precept and grant Baha'is full rights to practice their religion instead of persecuting them, lying about them, jailing them, and executing them, then your statement will indeed carry much weight

Peace,

Bruce
!
I answered this previously in my words-if u read carefully-. Iran does what it wants that doesn't mean Islam told Iran to do so.

tarekabdo12

and who makes up iran?
the chinese? :sarcastic

Islam gave people liberty, if Iran does something against Islam, this doesn't mean that Islam said so. This is like Mubarak and other people who ruled the Arabic countries, they are considered Muslims, however they don't follow the Islam and their people hate them. Islam is not responsible for individuals' faults.