• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the bad rap?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Just wanted to make myself clear. :) BTW, welcome to the forum!

There's a private room for pagans, if you're interested in joining.

Kcnorwood

I think I should stick my nose into here before I go.
As you can see under my name I am Wiccan. I am also still technically a teenager. So, by what I have read within this thread, I am labelled a "wiccabe" straight away (may not be what some of you intended but, thats just how it read if I am perfectly honest).
As for Mr Gardner. Even though I am Wiccan, some aspects of his work dont seem to, fit right, if you understand what I mean. Wicca had been a religion long before this fellow came about, but, because he began to make it a bit more known, he is now known as the "father of modern Wicca".
~Leo

It says Witch under your name not Wiccan Like other before me have have being a Wiccan does not make you a Witch. Witches do not like being called Wiccan because it is something very different. In all the history books I have read on Wicca untill Gardner came along no one had even heard of it. Again Witchcraft is not Wicca, my wife is a Witch & she doesn't like to be called Wiccan.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Go to your User CP. In the left hand menu, under Networking, is a link to Edit Gorup Memberships. Click that and it's pretty self explanatory from there. :)

I think I should stick my nose into here before I go.
As you can see under my name I am Wiccan. I am also still technically a teenager. So, by what I have read within this thread, I am labelled a "wiccabe" straight away (may not be what some of you intended but, thats just how it read if I am perfectly honest).
As for Mr Gardner. Even though I am Wiccan, some aspects of his work dont seem to, fit right, if you understand what I mean. Wicca had been a religion long before this fellow came about, but, because he began to make it a bit more known, he is now known as the "father of modern Wicca".
Anyways, I basically wrote this to point out that I am wiccan and a teenager and dont think that just because I watch charmed (which, for the record Ive only seen once) I am a witch that can poof from one side of the globe to the other. And most of this post probably read as waffle, I need coffee.

*~Leo

If all you did was watch Charmed, and then ran around calling yourself Wiccan and making it up as you went, then I'd consider you a Wiccabe, if you become attracted to Wicca and actually read, study, find a group or teacher and participate in what ever level available to you in actual Wicca practices following actual Wicca teachings, then you are a real Wicca.

Age and how you found out about it and what you watch on TV don't put you into the Wiccabe category, wanting to use the term Wicca for themselves without doing any of the footwork is what puts people into the Wiccabe category

Thyst

Witch
doo-de-doo! waffle woman is back.

In reply to what someone said up there ^^ somwhere, my thingy-ma-bob under my name will probably change more that the moon at the moment, as I am really studying indepth into all aspects of pagen and wicca and whatnot, so bear with me =]

Also thank you for clarrifying the wiccabe vs wiccan information the cheddarsox (nice name btw!).