• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why the Resurrection?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Staff member
Premium Member
I really starting to like Christianity, Jesus just seems like an awesome guy if he really did die on a cross for us, and his moral philosophy is just awesome.

I guess I can say, why do the metaphysics such as God, Heaven, Hell, Souls, etc. really matter in Christianity? And why did Jesus resurrect, I mean he goes back to heaven anyway.

Anyway, I was reading into Christianity for like an hour, it is really a great religion, and if I ever become a theist, I'm going straight for Jesus :D

Bob Dixon

>implying
And why did Jesus resurrect, I mean he goes back to heaven anyway.

There are a few Christians who don't find the Resurrection as important as Jesus' teachings and life. I am among them.
But, as to why he resurrected, I guess it's for practical reasons. He had to finish his job and show that the true "Son of God" (which is what we should all strive to be) is unaffected by everything, including death itself.

But, of course, this isn't even close to a traditional explanation.

bn40

Within Christianity there are a number of different denominations that have different understandings/interpretations of the nature of Jesus, his teachings, and specific milestones such as the circumstances surrounding his crucifixion, the exact nature of his 'resurrection' and so on.

From my own experience with the bible, other non-canonical bibles as well as understanding philosophers in the Christian tradition, I place more emphasis on the teaching and his sacrifice in crucifixion rather than exactly who or what he was, the nature of his resurrection and so on because there is so much contradiction throughout history and specifically the authenticity of the canonical gospels in those matters.