• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why This Growing Trend?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
A Christian expects rescue from the worlds trouble by way of the Rapture. A hope that man can bring about climate change is a slim hope at best.

Sadly, I agree that the chances of us reversing climate change are slim. That said, it seems to me that if we have any hope at all, it's through critical thinking, not magical thinking. When I hear about the rapture it strikes me that those who are hoping for that aren't trying to help the situation.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
The information regarding the escalation of violent crime in your atheistic country is truth... not to mention the high level of sex crimes. What... atheist can't control their sexual desire?
yes, but it is not because of atheists. well, sort of. Swedes have been definitely much too open to uncontrolled immigration.They should have done like the Danes.

ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
What's the version, and what does it say in that verse?
es sagt, dass wenn Du eine Jungfrau vergevaltigst, dann mußt Du sie heiraten.

i am sure that you also agree that your God is commanding really immoral things.

ciao

- viole

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
How so? How long have we known each other... online, that is?
Does it make sense arguing with someone, when you know they aren't going to give a thought to a word you say?
I think we learn from experience as well, and it's wise to apply knowledge, rather than have it, but not apply it.

I know you won't keep quite till you have had the last word, so I'll give you the opportunity to say something useful.
The oldest book in history, says this about atheism. QUOTE In his haughtiness, the wicked man makes no investigation; All his thoughts are: “There is no God.” UNQUOTE.
Another... QUOTE The foolish* one says in his heart: “There is no Jehovah.” Their actions are corrupt, and their dealings are detestable; UNQUOTE

You don't know the first atheist, so how can you argue about something you don't know.
In the first century, atheism had not changed. Romans 1:18-21 It's basically the same today.

What I have said has basis. It is also true. :)
The "oldest book in history" (not really though) doesn't seem to know that atheists are people who lack belief in gods.
This atheist has never said "there is no god." That's a claim, and it carries a burden of proof.
I just say, I'm not convinced that god(s) exist. Because I'm not.

That's two things you've said about atheists that don't bare out in reality.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The "oldest book in history" (not really though) doesn't seem to know that atheists are people who lack belief in gods.
This atheist has never said "there is no god." That's a claim, and it carries a burden of proof.
I just say, I'm not convinced that god(s) exist. Because I'm not.

That's two things you've said about atheists that don't bare out in reality.
You might not have said it, but I will: no gods exist.