• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why was the word of God never revealed to non-middle easterners?

cocokorina

Lets go back to Native Americans or Polynesians before they ever came into contact with the Europeans. none of them knew anything about God, Jesus, Abraham, Moses or Mohammad. there have been many civilizations in the past that were never sent a Divine scripture or prophet.
according to muslims, a prophet has been sent to every civilization. but that is simply not true. why is it that there is no evidence of such prophets being sent to Native Americans? if Islam is the true religion, why did God not send them with the same message? why did God/Allah keep this truth away from native Americans?

Tumah

Veteran Member
For some reason you are making a difference between those that forcefully take the Word of G-d for themselves and those that never see it at all. I'm not sure why. Neither group should have it.

cocokorina

Yeah they all had their own religions. Lol people don't go to hell for not being converted, imo.

despite of whether one goes to Hell or not, God kept the ultimate truth from Native Americans.. I don't find it fair that those tribes in amazon, aborigines in Australia, native americans, polynesian islanders NEVER received any word from God..

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
despite of whether one goes to Hell or not, God kept the ultimate truth from Native Americans.. I don't find it fair that those tribes in amazon, aborigines in Australia, native americans, polynesian islanders NEVER received any word from God..

They did receive word from God.
Not one group of people anywhere was ever excluded.

Thana

Lady

Can I just throw this in, It's actually kind of offensive to call them Aborigines.
They're Aboriginals.

And they know now, Do they not?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
despite of whether one goes to Hell or not, God kept the ultimate truth from Native Americans..

How did you reach such an odd conclusion?

It seems self-contradictory and unlikely in the extreme, even when both parts are taken separately.

I don't find it fair that those tribes in amazon, aborigines in Australia, native americans, polynesian islanders NEVER received any word from God..

But why would anyone believe that such a strange thing happened?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Can I just throw this in, It's actually kind of offensive to call them Aborigines.
They're Aboriginals.
Because I did not know this either, I checked on the old www. Many sites are using the word aborigine as a noun, and aboriginal as an adjective. Type in 'aborigine' and see for yourself. In any case, even if you are right, unintentional errors are hardly offensive.

They always did know God.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The idea that God exists and chose to only reveal itself to whole continents in recent centuries is so exotic.

I don't know that I will ever truly understand how come so many people have come to believe in it.

seeking4truth

What makes you think that the word of God was not revealed to people in far off continents?

What is your concept of 'the word of God'?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The idea that God exists and chose to only reveal itself to whole continents in recent centuries is so exotic.

I don't know that I will ever truly understand how come so many people have come to believe in it.

Hi Luis..... :)

A frubal for having the guts to identify God 'beyond' gender! Although it 'looks' offensive to some, it is correct imo.

But God does exist (everywhere, everything) and has been acknowledged by most every group that lived (imo! :) )

But the idea that the name 'Jesus' should have been sent worldwide, a name that Yeshua BarYosef probably never knew and certainly did not identify himself with............ that is a strange idea.

seeking4truth

why is it that there is no evidence of such prophets being sent to Native Americans? if Islam is the true religion, why did God not send them with the same message? why did God/Allah keep this truth away from native Americans?

God did send messengers/prophets to all peoples - that's one of the reasons all cultures have a concept of a deity.
However over the eons as cultures developed and changed so did their concepts of God and his attributes so that now we see them as different religions.

There is one God and if you get right back to the very basics all religions do teach the same thing - ie. strive to increase knowledge and understanding of self and God, and serve others to create harmonious, peaceful societies.
Even polytheistic religions have a concept of a supreme deity.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Lets go back to Native Americans or Polynesians before they ever came into contact with the Europeans. none of them knew anything about God, Jesus, Abraham, Moses or Mohammad. there have been many civilizations in the past that were never sent a Divine scripture or prophet.
according to muslims, a prophet has been sent to every civilization. but that is simply not true. why is it that there is no evidence of such prophets being sent to Native Americans? if Islam is the true religion, why did God not send them with the same message? why did God/Allah keep this truth away from native Americans?

Peace be on you. The aborigine tribes of Australia each has an idea of Supreme God right from the ancient. There was no mutual communications among them. God simply spoke to them. It means Prophets were sent to them too.

According to Ahmadiyya Muslim understanding, Holy Quran states that God sent Prophets to all nations. All names are not mentioned. According to saying of Holy Prophet of Islam (s.a.w.) there were 1,24,000 Prophets i.e. a large number. Ahmadiyya Muslims believe, Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster, Socrates, Confucius were Propehts too (Peace be on them and all Prophets); with the passage of time, original teaching [One God + Human rights] was changed.

Basic truth has always been same: Pay rights of One God and rights of creation. It continued to evolve from times of Prophet Adam (a.s.) to Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.). And according to Prophecies by Holy Quran and Holy Prophet (s.a.w.), in latter days, spiritual reformer was to come through Islam for everyone; Ahmadiyya Muslims believes he has come in 1889 in India and now his fifth Khilafat continues with message: Pay rights of One God and rights of creation.

You are welcome for more reading: Revelation, Rationality, Knowledge and Truth- by Fourth Ahmadiyya Khalifah (ra)

Last edited:

johnhanks

We can add a a temporal dimension to this question as well. Before the earliest emergence of Judaism (when followers of the Judaeochristian tradition presumably believe the true religion was revealed to humankind) there had been millennia of idolatrous "false religions" in the civilisations of Sumer, Akkad, Egypt and elsewhere. One has to wonder not only why god slipped the truth only to a few select peoples, but why, before he got round to that, he let so many civilisations come and go without it.

Tumah

Veteran Member
We can add a a temporal dimension to this question as well. Before the earliest emergence of Judaism (when followers of the Judaeochristian tradition presumably believe the true religion was revealed to humankind) there had been millennia of idolatrous "false religions" in the civilisations of Sumer, Akkad, Egypt and elsewhere. One has to wonder not only why god slipped the truth only to a few select peoples, but why, before he got round to that, he let so many civilisations come and go without it.

That's kind of the point of my earlier post here.
The "true religion" was not meant for humankind, it was meant for a few select people. That's why it was only revealed to a few select people.

Then it was taken by other people who should not have had it. Then other people took it from those people.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
if Islam is the true religion, why did God not send them with the same message? why did God/Allah keep this truth away from native Americans?
But Islam does teach this; Islam teaches every nation/group has had prophets sent by God.

cocokorina

They're Aboriginals.

Sorry I had no idea the word is offensive, will not use it again.
Even if they know now, for thousands of years they were never told about Jesus. If any religion claims to be the truth, I feel like it should have been revealed to people living in other continents aswell.

cocokorina

But Islam does teach this; Islam teaches every nation/group has had prophets sent by God.

Why are the names not mentioned? And let's suppose allah sent messengers to these areas. Why is it that their belief system is so different from Islam? Why did god send them very different message from bible and quran? Why is it that native Americans believed in Spirits, and Mother Earth? Why weren't they sent down a book which also explained how Moses parted the sea or how Noah built the ark? Why is it that their belief system is totally different. Their concept of god is completely different from both Islam and Christianity aswell. They believed in universe, Mother Earth and nature. They would praise nature, not Jesus, or allah.

cocokorina

Well, Gods sent their word to Indians - Vedas, BhagawadGita.

I m afraid I have never read Vedas so I don't know what it says. But I'm assuming it does not mention the same biblical stories which are mentioned in quran? In that case, do you think quran and Vedas were sent by the same God? This is what I'm trying to figure out here. Seems to me, every continent had its own set of belief system. Some believed in hell heaven , some in reincarnation , while some in spirits and nature.