• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why was the word of God never revealed to non-middle easterners?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I m afraid I have never read Vedas so I don't know what it says. But I'm assuming it does not mention the same biblical stories which are mentioned in quran? In that case, do you think quran and Vedas were sent by the same God? This is what I'm trying to figure out here. Seems to me, every continent had its own set of belief system. Some believed in hell heaven , some in reincarnation , while some in spirits and nature.

I think it's one of those things that just is....Even in the Old Testament they spoke of the gentile and heathen nations, but there was no issue, so, shouldn't be a problem for you I don't think.

cocokorina

God did send messengers/prophets to all peoples - that's one of the reasons all cultures have a concept of a deity.
However over the eons as cultures developed and changed so did their concepts of God and his attributes so that now we see them as different religions.

There is one God and if you get right back to the very basics all religions do teach the same thing - ie. strive to increase knowledge and understanding of self and God, and serve others to create harmonious, peaceful societies.
Even polytheistic religions have a concept of a supreme deity.

But the concept of deity is very different in each culture. If one god sent these messages, why didn't he send the same message everywhere ? Why is there such a difference in Hinduism, abrahimic religions, and other ancient beliefs which are barely existent now? I do believe in God but I can't seem to understand concept of religion.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Why are the names not mentioned?
Why would they be?
Considering Islam believes that many thousands of prophets were sent down, would it really have been productive to have listed thousands of people's names and tribes when they had no bearing on how to live righteously or on the history of the people who received the message?

And let's suppose allah sent messengers to these areas. Why is it that their belief system is so different from Islam? Why did god send them very different message from bible and quran?
In Islamic belief, that has nothing to do with the prophets, but with people distorting it for their own gain or by accident.

Why is it that native Americans believed in Spirits, and Mother Earth?
See above.

Why weren't they sent down a book which also explained how Moses parted the sea or how Noah built the ark?
Because they would think "who is Moses", "where is this land", and so on? It would not be beneficial to them. And that's if we don't suppose that they did do it. There would be little to get from the story, would there, besides more questions?

And writing. Well, writing... can have issues when few people can read or write.

Why is it that their belief system is totally different. Their concept of god is completely different from both Islam and Christianity aswell.
See above.

They believed in universe, Mother Earth and nature. They would praise nature,
There is no homogeneous "native Americans" belief, so this is incorrect. One also has to define "nature". What does "believe in universe" even mean?

not Jesus,
Well, yeah. Already covered this, as well.

or allah.
Is there a difference in concepts between "Dios", "Dio", "God", or "Gott" to a Christian? No, just different words. Not to mention Islam believes in many "names" of God; Ar-Rahman, ar-Rahim, al-Malik, al-Quddus. So, yeah.

cocokorina

In Islamic belief, that has nothing to do with the prophets, but with people distorting it for their own gain or by accident.
so all those civilization distiorted gods message except Muslims? Even if what you're saying is true, their belief system is completely different from islam. Not only does it seem "distorted" but completly different.

Because they would think "who is Moses", "where is this land", and so on? It would not be beneficial to them. And that's if we don't suppose that they did do it. There would be little to get from the story, would there, besides more questions?
how was the story of Moses beneficial to those living in Saudi Arabia at that time? Even if one doesn't know the geographical location, it still serves the same purpose.
There is no homogeneous "native Americans" belief, so this is incorrect. One also has to define "nature". What does "believe in universe" even mean?
exactly.its hard to even understand their belief system when we come from such a different system ourselves. They believed in spirits and nature. Their deity was one with universe.
Again I'm not an expert in their religion , but this is what I understood of it. Not only native Americans but native Polynesians islanders also had a very different belief. Nothing like Christianity or Islam .

Is there a difference in concepts between "Dios", "Dio", "God", or "Gott" to a Christian? No, just different words. Not to mention Islam believes in many "names" of God; Ar-Rahman, ar-Rahim, al-Malik, al-Quddus. So, yeah.

doesn't matter what you call God but when the concept of deity is different, that just raises a lot if questions regarding divinity of scriptures

Last edited:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
so all those civilization distiorted gods message except Muslims?
According to Islamic interpretations, yeah to some degree.
To me? Nah, of course not.

Even if what you're saying is true, their belief system is completely different from islam. Not only does it seem "distorted" but completly different.
Indeedy.

how was the story of Moses beneficial to those living in Saudi Arabia at that time? Even if one doesn't know the geographical location, it still serves the same purpose.
Jews and Christians there, and Arabs traced their linealogy from Ishmael.

exactly.its hard to even understand their belief system when we come from such a different system ourselves.
Who is we?

They believed in spirits and nature. Their deity was one with universe.
None of which you defined. ;)
"one with the universe"? Define.
"Spirits"? Define.
"Nature"? Define.

doesn't matter what you call God but when the concept of deity is different, that just raises a lot if questions regarding divinity of scriptures
Indeed it does.
But this has no impact on my own beliefs, though, since I don't believe in it. :p

illykitty

RF's pet cat
^so why does one God sent completely different messages to different people .

How about this perspective, it might be the same message that humans interpret or communicate in different ways. We all have cultures and languages and that makes the differences?

Ever had some experience that you had trouble to express in words? Imagine that happening to every founders of religions. Plus there's people afterwards adding to this original teachings.

Not necessarily what I believe but just something to think about. ;)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Even polytheistic religions have a concept of a supreme deity.
Not necessarily. Some deities are powerful but very localized.
In that case, do you think quran and Vedas were sent by the same God? This is what I'm trying to figure out here. Seems to me, every continent had its own set of belief system. Some believed in hell heaven, some in reincarnation, while some in spirits and nature.
No. The Gods are different. In Vedas, we had some 33. We added a few hundred of the Hindus. Then there is no guarantee whether or not people made it up to jack their own importance. :)

Last edited:

Thana

Lady
This isn't the point though. Why only now? Why not before?
I think that is what is being asked.

To that, I cannot say.

I imagine it's because it had to happen naturally. How else was God going to get the word out without major supernatural intervention? And doing so would interfere with free will :shrug:

But really, that's just speculation.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
cocokorina.............................................why is this a 'problem' though///because obviously not all of these people are going to hell, and the messages may have been similar anyway.

cocokorina

I agree with you illykitty. I'm not that familiar with Christianity but according to islam, god sent similar messages everywhere. Yet somehow they all got corrupted except one. I see no evidence of Islamic gods message sent to Polynesians or native Americans. Seems like they made their own belief system. All human like to think that we are going to be eternal and death can't be it for us so believing in a deity doesn't mean god actually sent that message .
As far as Islamic belief, Muslims believe in 4 books only . Allah/god sent messengers everywhere but books were only revealed to 4 prophets.Native Americans date back to 20,000 years. Now why not 1 book on that continent? Why all books were sent to Middle East only ?

seeking4truth

^so why does one God sent completely different messages to different people .

Does He?

The details may be different according to the different needs of the time of revelation and have certainly been interpreted and practiced differently but the fundamentals are the same.

It's my understanding that since man evolved to a point where spiritual and social guidance were needed God has provided it wherever man lived.
Each time guidance is given man interprets it and changes it according to his own ideas and so guidance is repeatedly given to put man back on the right track.
Every time guidance is refreshed some accept and some do not therefore creating the schisms that divide us.
The process continues as long as we exist.

seeking4truth

I agree with you illykitty. I'm not that familiar with Christianity but according to islam, god sent similar messages everywhere. Yet somehow they all got corrupted except one.

except one - I don't think so! :sorry1:

The division of the Muslim world today is a testament to the fact that Islam has been corrupted and is still being so.

You only have to see the practice of so called Al Qaida and Boko Haram stopping the education of girls, killing innocent people to know that Islam is being corrupted daily.

cocokorina

cocokorina.............................................why is this a 'problem' though///because obviously not all of these people are going to hell, and the messages may have been similar anyway.

Messages stayed similar only in the Middle East. Elsewhere they became completely different , not just changed. Just trying to understand why that is. Why is it that some civilization believed in human sacrifices, some believe in reincarnation, some believe you will be in hell for eternity for not believing in certain god or prophet , some believe in multiple gods. Can everyone be right ?

cocokorina

except one - I don't think so! :sorry1:

The division of the Muslim world today is a testament to the fact that Islam has been corrupted and is still being so.

You only have to see the practice of so called Al Qaida and Boko Haram stopping the education of girls, killing innocent people to know that Islam is being corrupted daily.

Not my belief but Muslims believe all other scriptures have been corrupted and that's why god sent Quran because people had corrupted bible. I m an ex-Muslim

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Messages stayed similar only in the Middle East. Elsewhere they became completely different , not just changed. Just trying to understand why that is. Why is it that some civilization believed in human sacrifices, some believe in reincarnation, some believe you will be in hell for eternity for not believing in certain god or prophet , some believe in multiple gods. Can everyone be right ?

Nope, I don't think so///
That doesn't mean everyone one of the heathen nations is headed to hell though, look, it isn't much different from the sinful Abrahamic episodes either, idol worship etc, it's all there//

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Lets go back to Native Americans or Polynesians before they ever came into contact with the Europeans. none of them knew anything about God, Jesus, Abraham, Moses or Mohammad. there have been many civilizations in the past that were never sent a Divine scripture or prophet.
according to muslims, a prophet has been sent to every civilization. but that is simply not true. why is it that there is no evidence of such prophets being sent to Native Americans? if Islam is the true religion, why did God not send them with the same message? why did God/Allah keep this truth away from native Americans?

For me, everything is an evolving-consciousness, so it is not surprising that some parts of the Mind are one way and some another; there are many different powers within what we would think of as God. They might well be seen as 'gods' but this might then become misleading.

cocokorina

Nope, I don't think so///
That doesn't mean everyone one of the heathen nations is headed to hell though, look, it isn't much different from the sinful Abrahamic episodes either, idol worship etc, it's all there//

I'm not talking about them going to hell. I m curious to know why werent native Americans aware of the story of Adam and Eve ? Someone mentioned Moses wasn't relevant to them as those people would have no idea where Egypt is. But Adam and eve were the first humans so why wasn't this revealed to them ? Native Americans origin of man story has nothing to do with Adam and eve eating an apple from a forbidden free. Again I don't see how biblical or quranic god sent them any message. Also keep in mind those people have been around for 20,000 years. Their first contact with European was only few hundred years ago. All this time they had no idea about the Truth (if Christianity is the only true religion) . And if islAm is the true religion, they probably didn't hear about that until much later on.

Last edited:

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I agree with you illykitty. I'm not that familiar with Christianity but according to islam, god sent similar messages everywhere. Yet somehow they all got corrupted except one. I see no evidence of Islamic gods message sent to Polynesians or native Americans. Seems like they made their own belief system. All human like to think that we are going to be eternal and death can't be it for us so believing in a deity doesn't mean god actually sent that message .
As far as Islamic belief, Muslims believe in 4 books only . Allah/god sent messengers everywhere but books were only revealed to 4 prophets.Native Americans date back to 20,000 years. Now why not 1 book on that continent? Why all books were sent to Middle East only ?

Well I don't believe in Islam, nor Christianity although have learned about them in the past few years. I don't really have a religion at the moment, but looking into Paganism and Hinduism.

Other religions might not have books, their beliefs are oral, told via stories, plays and so on. Maybe that's part of the beauty of their religion that it isn't written.

Why the fixation on books, does it need to be on paper? It's not like the Divine wrote them and they dropped out of the sky.. Men wrote them. And what makes you think that God has only approved of those books? What about the Vedas, Mahabharat, Upanishads, etc? Are those not from God, why?