• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why were we created?

Is God a Sociopath

• Total voters
"
Did God get bored and create us to satiate his boredom?

The Force can not get bored, it is always creating. It never stops, it just keeps on going and going, time does not exist to It. It is the beginning and the end. Being bored is a human concept that requires an envelope of time to be bored in. The Force is timeless therefore It can not be bored.

AnonAmos

We exist because the timeless God desired fellowship. Fellowship>creation w/ free will>sin and judgement, but also heaven and love.
Although I realized that this question puts our mortal flesh on God, I think it is an important one:
If you knew for sure that, if you had children, you would have a set of twins, and that one would die due to it's own actions and the other would live and grow to be a loving member of the family, WOULD YOU HAVE KIDS?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There are a variety of types of gods in the judeo-christian framework. More specifically, although all members that adhere to this broad spectrum of religions would say that the Judeo-Christian god is their god, and one god, in reality since there are so many conceptions of this god, to phrase it as just the "Judeo-Christian God" only provides a subset of necessary information to make a conclusion. Some Christians and Jews have rather benevolent deities while some of them have rather malevolent deities.

I voted "yes" in the poll specifically in reference to the character of this god as described throughout the Bible. If a person has those qualities or adheres to that sort of behavior, they would be considered sociopaths most of the time.