• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
jewscout said:
DakotaGypsy said:
Do you mean, did he slaughter millions because they were Christians?
Did he slaughter and oppress millions of people because it was the will of G-d or some other Divine force?
was that his expressed reasoning?

and you have not answered mine.

DakotaGypsy

Saddam Hussein was a murderous thug who had been installed by Americans and given a handy dandy list of persons to assassinate in order to maintain his power. He would not have been installed had he not been such a murderous thug, which is unfortunate because, despite his murderous thugginess he was a very capable administrator and ran the country of Iraq better than the nonsecular nations surrounding him.

I'm not personally acquainted with Saddam Hussein and his modus operandi for murder but it's possible that he used the argument "It is the will of Allah" when he committed murder, whether or not he believed in the argument.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
DakotaGypsy said:
Saddam Hussein was a murderous thug who had been installed by Americans and given a handy dandy list of persons to assassinate in order to maintain his power. He would not have been installed had he not been such a murderous thug, which is unfortunate because, despite his murderous thugginess he was a very capable administrator and ran the country of Iraq better than the nonsecular nations surrounding him.

I'm not personally acquainted with Saddam Hussein and his modus operandi for murder but it's possible that he used the argument "It is the will of Allah" when he committed murder, whether or not he believed in the argument.

it's easy to have control of a country when you are the sole voice in it's operation.

opuntia

Religion is Law
Who was Muhammad? A prophet. Today, Islam has no prophet to correct the issues, so they fight amongst themselves to see who will lead Islam. Uninspired activity. Muhammad had angels and revelation attend him, if he were here he could reprimand the Muslims to become Umma [community] again.

Judgement Day

opuntia said:
Who was Muhammad? A prophet. Today, Islam has no prophet to correct the issues, so they fight amongst themselves to see who will lead Islam.
True, but before the death of Prophet Muhammad, he left Muslims Quran, of which if it is hold fast Muslims shall never go astray. But unfortunately, most Muslims do not follow their Quran. They only recite and study Quran but without the implementations of which Quran teaches. They are Muslims as identities only..but not embracing the religion itself wholeheartedly.

Maxist

My point has been this for a while. You have taken the words from my mouth and typed them in ways that I have not been able. A geniuse you are, absolute genius.