• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wife has cancer

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hope all goes well on the 30th; from the sounds of things, it seems she is in good, capable hands.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We found out yesterday that my wife has melanoma. She had a biopsy on a spot on her leg about a week and a half back, and the results came back yesterday. The doctor who did the biopsy said that, due to the shape of the spot, it looks like it won't spread. So, best case scenario, they take the cancer out, it hasn't spread, and she just goes in for yearly check ups (she's light skinned and red headed, which makes her more susceptible to skin cancer). Worst case scenario, well, let's just say I don't want to think about that. The surgery is going to cost 500 dollars, which we don't have, but we'll find some way to get.

So, I'm asking for prayers, metta, thoughts, what ever else y'all have to send this way. We need it.
Best of luck to your wife. I hope it works out to the best case scenario. My father had a few instances of this and had easy surgeries to fix the issue and he never really had any major issues from it other than minor scars at the site of the problem, so hopefully that is how it will go with her.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
The surgery went well. Wife is still sore, and she's been resting. The doctor said the pathologist would have to look to make sure, but from what he's seen, he doesn't think the cancer has spread anywhere, which is the same thing the dermatologist said. So far, so good. Many thanks and blessings to all of you for your thoughts, prayers, and help.

:namaste

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
That's awesome. You have my continued well wishes and blessings

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The surgery went well. Wife is still sore, and she's been resting. The doctor said the pathologist would have to look to make sure, but from what he's seen, he doesn't think the cancer has spread anywhere, which is the same thing the dermatologist said. So far, so good. Many thanks and blessings to all of you for your thoughts, prayers, and help.

Great news. Mettā coming your way. :namaste

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

That's great to hear. Best wishes for a smooth and speedy recovery for your wife.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Good news! Big hugs to all of you! :hugehug:

Kerr

Awesome :).

BSM1

What? Me worry?
[q
uote=dyanaprajna2011;3548572]The surgery went well. Wife is still sore, and she's been resting. The doctor said the pathologist would have to look to make sure, but from what he's seen, he doesn't think the cancer has spread anywhere, which is the same thing the dermatologist said. So far, so good. Many thanks and blessings to all of you for your thoughts, prayers, and help.

[/QUOTE]

Great!

Aquitaine

Excellent news! I hope your Wife recovers well. :yes: