• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wii Fit

cardero

Citizen Mod
My kids love it, especially the yoga. I haven't tried it yet, though.
We went looking for one yesterday and it seems many places are sold out. One store gave us a promotional DVD to watch and I am sort of at odds about the Wii Fit's purpose. I like the idea of marrying games with fitness and making exercise fun and I cannot argue the importance of balance and the introduction of the yoga techniques but mrscardero has many of those instructional DVDs already that she doesn't use and I am concerned if the Wii Fit will be a suitable motivator for her or if it will fall by the wayside (waistsize?) will all the other exercise attempts.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I pre-ordered it from Wal-Mart.com so I had one the day it came out. I had a feeling the availability in stores would be scarce.

cardero

Citizen Mod
mrscardero called Target to find out if they had any Wii Fits in stock. She is going to attempt to pick one up today.

She keeps thinking that she's getting it for herself. Tee-Hee.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
I tried Wal Mart. They sold the last one by the time I got there. I will have to wait and try again in a week or two.

Somkid

We have tons of the systems here in all the stores but no one wants them, I'm not sure why though.

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
Isn't that just a pad on the floor the size of a scale that you just lean side to side with? I didn't see that you could do much with it, but maybe I mistook what I saw for something else.

cardero

Citizen Mod
So... Anybody still practising every day? As I heard Wii fit gets old within a week.

This is my biggest concern with mrscardero. I love and her all but she is notorious for this kind of new purchase practice.

Maybe mrscardero and I can pick one up cheap on eBay but I doubt it if they are still difficult to keep in retail stores.

kadzbiz

The wife has bought one for the kids (and herself) for xmas. Maybe I'll play some with the kids too and get toned up a bit.

smiler001

to be honhest i brought my mum a wii for her birthday just before christmas with loads of extras,
went on the wii fit and it says i have gained 2 stone that was after 1 hour of running.
:)