• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will you Adopt a Child even though you have your own Biological kid(s)?

Will you Adopt a Child even though You have your own Biological Kid(s)?

• Yes

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Maya3

If we wanted children, we would definitely want to adopt. That would be our very first choice.
Unfortunately adoption is hard, there are a lot of waiting and approval processes and it is expensive.
It´s a real shame, there are so many kids that need homes.

Maya

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Will you? I dont think I would, as I dont think I would be able to equally love both the adopted and biological.

When giving birth to my second, biological daughter, I worried that it might be challenging to love her as much as my first. Then, I laid eyes on her for the first time and the same "book" that opened in my mind and heart with my oldest opened. All the love and desire to care for her as deeply and thoroughly as the first baby, flooded over me.

I can say with honesty, I love them each the same, but, uniquely, as they are unique individuals.

When caring for my niece, I love and protect her as if she were my own, though, she's not my baby.

I could totally parent and love a child that isn't mine, biologically.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It might create sibling conflict in instances. Thats not to say adoption isn't a good thing, just something that requires a bit more finesse if and when affections come into question.

samosasauce

I only want to adopt, not that I should really be thinking about it; I'm only 16 for God's sake. But I am sure I don't want to give birth.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
If I were to ever want kids (which I don't foresee ever happening), adoption would make a lot of sense. On one hand, given that depression and anxiety are traits that have been passed on to me, I couldn't feel good about passing that stuff on to another person.

Also, with all the orphaned children in the world who need families, it seems kinda selfish to want your own child instead of adopting. It's like "I dont want another, I want mine!". Children are not possessions.