• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will your god love me?

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
You don't beleive in God??
Fine with me. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with Buddah, but Buddhism is a wonderful way to peace.
Heh, I doubt he'll mind, he's been dead and buried an awfully long time ;).

This is me practicing not being abrasive. How am I doing? Ha ha.
Wish me luck I've got an appointment with a Vicar on Wed to see if he finds my views offensive.
Just don't shout in his face or punch him and you should do fine. :)

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
:help: I have faith in God. I want to be closer to God. I want to love God and have God love me back. Can you accept me into your faith system if I already belong to another?

My gods do not ask for anything, neither will they give you anything, save for vague guidances that could be attributed to anything and easily missed. (Not to mention deciding who your Patron is)

You could not be fully Abrahamist and be part of my beliefs because I'm very much polytheist. I also worship no gods. One of the Ten Commandments was to worship no other gods before Yeh'vah. Later it was stated that there were no other gods besides Yeh'vah. I believe differently.

However, you could have Abrahamic philosophies and be part of my religion, as much of what Yeshua said applies, not insofar as getting to Eternal Life, but simply how to act towards one another.

But if you simply want to be loved by a god, I'd stick with one of the Abrahamic religions.

spiritually inclined

You don't need to be accepted by a major faith system to be loved by your god. If you believe your god loves you, your god loves you, whatever that means, even if its just the God part of the brain firing, etc. You don't need another faith system to affirm that, or anyone else.

If you're looking for fellowship, the Unitarian Universalist Association is a creedless, accepting association of congregations. They'll let you mix religions all you want -- the UUA is sort of a hybrid religion, accepting beliefs from all religious traditions as well as atheism and agnosticism.

James

:help: I have faith in God. I want to be closer to God. I want to love God and have God love me back. Can you accept me into your faith system if I already belong to another?

Sorry, but it seems you already know the answer...
Its not like im going to say, nope, my god doesent like you, i dont like you and you wont get love from my god! Why ask such questions?

Kcnorwood

Not trying to be mean but why do you feel the need to be accepted to someone else faith? Are you not happy with yours?

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
My patron Goddess, Selene, is a very loving and wise being. She would never look down on someone simply because of a difference of opinion/faith/whatever. So yes she would love you.