• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Windows 11 Pro/Home out of service October 8 this year.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I remember when a president of MS said windows 10 would be the last version. They were optimistic. I thought so at the time. 'Optimistic' is a euphemism, sometimes. :laughing:

Version 11 expires on October 8 this coming October. Yes just before Halloween, but that is not significant. :jackolantern: Meanwhile lots of people are running version 10, so they will be asked to upgrade 2 levels to 12. o_O

Control panel will disappear, replaced by the already present settings app. :slotmachine: All those people on win10 will suddenly be upgrading to win12, and they'll go "Hey, you, what happened to 11 ? I thought 11 came between 10 and 12! " They will not be able to obtain version 11. Too bad for them. You slow you blow. Also 11 does not come between 10 and 12. It exists between them.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I remember when a president of MS said windows 10 would be the last version. They were optimistic. I thought so at the time. 'Optimistic' is a euphemism, sometimes. :laughing:

Version 11 expires on October 8 this coming October. Yes just before Halloween, but that is not significant. :jackolantern: Meanwhile lots of people are running version 10, so they will be asked to upgrade 2 levels to 12. o_O

Control panel will disappear, replaced by the already present settings app. :slotmachine: All those people on win10 will suddenly be upgrading to win12, and they'll go "Hey, you, what happened to 11 ? I thought 11 came between 10 and 12! " They will not be able to obtain version 11. Too bad for them. You slow you blow. Also 11 does not come between 10 and 12. It exists between them.

I saw this other article that said that the Control Panel will not go away:

Heyo

Veteran Member

I'm running Ubuntu 22.04 and will most likely not have to upgrade as long as this machine exists.

Coder

Hi @Brickjectivity , I see very little information regarding Windows 12. It's in a very preliminary phase and not presented in any way as one might expect if it were to be released in two months. Perhaps check this further?

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi @Brickjectivity , I see very little information regarding Windows 12. It's in a very preliminary phase and not presented in any way as one might expect if it were to be released in two months. Perhaps check this further?
Sorry! I should have included the link.
"https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/august-27-2024-kb5041587-os-builds-22621-4112-and-22631-4112-preview-9706ea0e-6f72-430e-b08a-878963dafe08"
It says:
"...07/09/24---END OF SERVICE NOTICE---​
IMPORTANT Home and Pro editions of Windows 11, version 22H2 will reach end of service on October 8, 2024. Until then, these editions will only receive security updates. They will not receive non-security, preview updates. To continue receiving security and non-security updates after October 8, 2024, we recommend that you update to the latest version of Windows...."​

So it is not all Windows 11 but only the version I am currently running. I have misread it.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I think the last time I had a computer, it was Windows 8. At least the upgrades are free now. For the regular version, anyway.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
All those people on win10 will suddenly be upgrading to win12, and they'll go "Hey, you, what happened to 11 ? I thought 11 came between 10 and 12! "

At least there actually was a windows 11.
How did you enjoy Windows 9? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Anyhow, that support in october only ends for windows version that run on the current feature update.
A new one will be rolling out and when installed, it will extend support for another year till november 2025.
Each feature update will extend support.
So if another one hits in 2025, support will once again be extended to 2026 and so on.

esmith

Veteran Member
Where I worked just before retiring, any product by Microsoft was not allowed. The company was owned by Sun Microsystems.
FYI there are a few people that prefer ChromOS.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Where I worked just before retiring, any product by Microsoft was not allowed. The company was owned by Sun Microsystems.

Made me lol :joycat:

FYI there are a few people that prefer ChromOS.
Yeah... mostly students who get a browsing and typing machine for under 300 bucks and other people who don't care about privacy or getting real stuff done :joycat:
Good for them though, there's a market for everything.

I personally wouldn't touch it with a 5-foot pole.
But my reasoning is likely more like Sun. I don't really care about the products. I just really hate the company behind it.