• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wisdom

Thief

Rogue Theologian
NO my friend, I have learned that lesson the HARD WAY (Southern Comfort :sad4: ) and I have come to find that one needs to drink some drinks, and share the rest with friends ;) .

I over did it...once...:drool:...on Old Overholt. ....Ouch!

But, my wisdom is more to paying attention to what you are doing.

What you are able to recall, is directly affected by your attention when it happened.

Life, can slip right past you.

(and I can't recall...:cool:....but I think I was quoting scripture.)

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
[21] And all such things as are hid and not foreseen, I have learned: for wisdom, which is the worker of all things, taught me. [22] For in her is the spirit of understanding: holy, one, manifold, subtile, eloquent, active, undefiled, sure, sweet, loving that which is good, quick, which nothing hindereth, beneficent, [23] Gentle, kind, steadfast, assured, secure, having all power, overseeing all things, and containing all spirits, intelligible, pure, subtile. [24] For wisdom is more active than all active things: and reacheth everywhere by reason of her purity. [25] For she is a vapour of the power of God, and a certain pure emanation of the glory of the almighty God: and therefore no defiled thing cometh into her. [26] For she is the brightness of eternal light, and the unspotted mirror of God's majesty, and the image of his goodness. [27] And being but one, she can do all things: and remaining in herself the same, she reneweth all things, and through nations conveyeth herself into holy souls, she maketh the friends of God and prophets. [28] For God loveth none but him that dwelleth with wisdom. [29] For she is more beautiful than the sun, and above all the order of the stars: being compared with the light, she is found before it. [30] For after this cometh night, but no evil can overcome wisdom.
-Wisdom, CH. 7

[16] The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and was created with the faithful in the womb, it walketh with chosen women, and is known with the just and faithful. [17] The fear of the Lord is the religiousness of knowledge. [18] Religiousness shall keep and justify the heart, it shall give joy and gladness. [19] It shall go well with him that feareth the Lord, and in the days of his end he shall be blessed. [20] To fear God is the fulness of wisdom, and fulness is from the fruits thereof. [21] She shall fill all her house with her increase, and the storehouses with her treasures. [22] The fear of the Lord is a crown of wisdom, filling up peace and the fruit of salvation: [23] And it hath seen, and numbered her: but both are the gifts of God. [24] Wisdom shall distribute knowledge, and understanding of prudence: and exalteth the glory of them that hold her. [25] The root of wisdom is to fear the Lord: and the branches thereof are longlived.
-Ecclesiasticus- Ch 1

But the best piece of wisdom I keep in mind is from Ecclesiastes CH. 3
All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven.
A time to be born and a time to die.
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted.
A time to kill, and a time to heal.
A time to destroy, and a time to build.
A time to weep, and a time to laugh.
A time to mourn, and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones, and a time to gather.
A time to embrace, and a time to be far from embraces.
A time to get, and a time to lose.
A time to keep, and a time to cast away.
A time to rend, and a time to sew.
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak.
A time of love, and a time of hatred.
A time of war, and a time of peace

Somerled32

Traveler~ 2B1ASK1
I over did it...once...:drool:...on Old Overholt. ....Ouch!

But, my wisdom is more to paying attention to what you are doing.

What you are able to recall, is directly affected by your attention when it happened.

Life, can slip right past you.

(and I can't recall...:cool:....but I think I was quoting scripture.)

LOL! I know what your wisdom meant, but I couldn't resist throwing in a bit of additional.............
...................................wisdom :rolleyes: ...of my own :D