• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woke M&Ms are evil

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This opinion piece is funny in a sad way. The first part concerns the anger and fear about what the NHL was planning to do. But this part. Clearly they're dealing with femalevolence brought on by eating tafemales in the disfemalest environment. It needs to be femaledicted. Gov. DeSantis' anti-woke campaign is trying to get white men angry.

Attention insecure males: Feminism alert on candy aisle

The candy maker Mars announced last week a promotion to honor women in advance of International Women’s Day on March 8.

To do that, the candy maker will offer bags of M&M’s in packages that say “Supporting Women: Flipping the Status Quo.” The bags feature the cartoon images of its “female brand mascots” — the green and brown M&M — along with a recently added purple M&M, which symbolizes “acceptance and inclusivity.”

Men seeking candy equality find their voice

Political commentator Nick Adams released a viral video that calls for a boycott against the candy maker for its effort to celebrate women by creating “feminist M&M’s” and not creating, what he called, an “all-male package” of M&Ms.

(Side note: An “all-male package” of candy gives new meaning to the words “junk food.")

“Any male that buys a package of M&M’s from this day forward must hand in their man card because they are a soft, woke, beat up, male feminist who has serious, serious problems,” Adams said. “Until M&M rectifies this grave wrong, by giving us all-male M&M’s, this boycott will remain.

“We will not stand for this at all,” he said on the video, before stomping on a bag of M&M's.

I find this all very confusing. When were these “man cards” distributed? I just have a Costco card. And as for the all-male M&M’s, I assume we're not counting the ones with nuts?

At first, I thought Adams was just auditioning as a comic but then I remembered Tucker Carlson devoting extensive air time on Fox News last year to complain when the female green M&M’s footwear on the packaging was changed from knee-high boots (which Carlson called “sexy”) to sneakers.

“M&M’s will not be satisfied until every last cartoon character is deeply unappealing and totally androgynous,” Carlson said. “Until the moment you wouldn’t want to have a drink with any one of them. That’s the goal.”

Wow, not only am I so far behind on taking umbrage over the color of M&M’s, and the lack of a “male package” of those candies. But I also had no idea that I should be pining for a drink with a female M&M?

I expect that the Anti-Woke Caucus in Congress will be tackling this, and that DeSantis will be looking into removing feminized M&M’s from Florida’s freedom shelves.

In the meantime, where are real men supposed to turn for their alpha-male candy needs?

Kit Kat sounds way too girlie. Twix sounds trans, and Milk Duds, well, that’s a testosterone killer.

And you know it’s only a matter of time before the Three Musketeers become the Three Musketpersons?

In the meantime, we straight, white men will continue to squeak by somehow, as we fight the field-leveling headwinds of inclusivity, equality and diversity.

We shall over-react.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So, M&M's are woke now?

I'm surprised they haven't started in on Toucan Sam, with the rainbow nose:

Toucan_Sam.png

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
This opinion piece is funny in a sad way. The first part concerns the anger and fear about what the NHL was planning to do. But this part. Clearly they're dealing with femalevolence brought on by eating tafemales in the disfemalest environment. It needs to be femaledicted. Gov. DeSantis' anti-woke campaign is trying to get white men angry.

Attention insecure males: Feminism alert on candy aisle

The candy maker Mars announced last week a promotion to honor women in advance of International Women’s Day on March 8.

To do that, the candy maker will offer bags of M&M’s in packages that say “Supporting Women: Flipping the Status Quo.” The bags feature the cartoon images of its “female brand mascots” — the green and brown M&M — along with a recently added purple M&M, which symbolizes “acceptance and inclusivity.”

Men seeking candy equality find their voice

Political commentator Nick Adams released a viral video that calls for a boycott against the candy maker for its effort to celebrate women by creating “feminist M&M’s” and not creating, what he called, an “all-male package” of M&Ms.

(Side note: An “all-male package” of candy gives new meaning to the words “junk food.")

“Any male that buys a package of M&M’s from this day forward must hand in their man card because they are a soft, woke, beat up, male feminist who has serious, serious problems,” Adams said. “Until M&M rectifies this grave wrong, by giving us all-male M&M’s, this boycott will remain.

“We will not stand for this at all,” he said on the video, before stomping on a bag of M&M's.

I find this all very confusing. When were these “man cards” distributed? I just have a Costco card. And as for the all-male M&M’s, I assume we're not counting the ones with nuts?

At first, I thought Adams was just auditioning as a comic but then I remembered Tucker Carlson devoting extensive air time on Fox News last year to complain when the female green M&M’s footwear on the packaging was changed from knee-high boots (which Carlson called “sexy”) to sneakers.

“M&M’s will not be satisfied until every last cartoon character is deeply unappealing and totally androgynous,” Carlson said. “Until the moment you wouldn’t want to have a drink with any one of them. That’s the goal.”

Wow, not only am I so far behind on taking umbrage over the color of M&M’s, and the lack of a “male package” of those candies. But I also had no idea that I should be pining for a drink with a female M&M?

I expect that the Anti-Woke Caucus in Congress will be tackling this, and that DeSantis will be looking into removing feminized M&M’s from Florida’s freedom shelves.

In the meantime, where are real men supposed to turn for their alpha-male candy needs?

Kit Kat sounds way too girlie. Twix sounds trans, and Milk Duds, well, that’s a testosterone killer.

And you know it’s only a matter of time before the Three Musketeers become the Three Musketpersons?

In the meantime, we straight, white men will continue to squeak by somehow, as we fight the field-leveling headwinds of inclusivity, equality and diversity.

We shall over-react.

Well...assuming there is a sensible position pushing back on wokeness to some degree, Nick Adams ain't it.

Admittedly I struggle to understand from both 'sides' at times where they are engaging in good faith argument, and where they are demonizing.

Anyways...you might find this interesting...

Nick Adam's MAGA transformation doesn't surprise his ex-Sydney council colleagues

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I start with who is using slogans and who is using information and logic.

Oof...that's going to knock out a lot of actors on both sides, but it makes sense.
One of the really bad things with American politics (it happens here too, just in a less deliberate fashion I think) is that things get treated as 'packages' too often.

An example of this is the Omnibus funding proposals put forward by the Left in recent times. That limits sensible discussion of the edgier parts of the proposal, because there are a lot of urgently required and more sensible things tightly entwined, along with limited timeframes.

Looking at some of DeSantis' recent work in Florida, there are clearly agenda driven pieces like the so-called 'Don't say gay' bill which have some level of rational basis in certain ways, but also include other much more dubious things, and is being used for reactionary purposes to virtue-signal to conservatives.

I think procedurally, opening up smaller, more discrete discussions on individual proposals, rather than larger, consolidated ones would increase the level of discourse and the chance for bipartisanship.

Call me an optimist...lol

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is some sort of obvious joke here about red m&ms being 'Scarlet Letters', surely??

For some reason the censorbot does not like a common four letter word for prostitute that is not all that bad. And for a while m&m's red candy had a very sexy persona. Why? Don't ask me. I guess red is sexy.

red-m&m-decal-sticker-39_corplogoFC.jpg

Okay, I cheated because I screwed up. It was the green character that used to be sexy:

mnm.jpg

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
For some reason the censorbot does not like a common four letter word for prostitute that is not all that bad. And for a while m&m's red candy had a very sexy persona. Why? Don't ask me. I guess red is sexy.

red-m&m-decal-sticker-39_corplogoFC.jpg

Okay, I cheated because I screwed up. It was the green character that used to be sexy:

mnm.jpg

M&M on the right is dressed for a game of basketball, AND is wearing Celtic green. That makes her waaaaaay sexier than the try-hard on the left.

Am I overthinking the relative sexiness of candy??

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
M&M on the right is dressed for a game of basketball, AND is wearing Celtic green. That makes her waaaaaay sexier than the try-hard on the left.

Am I overthinking the relative sexiness of candy??
Don't ask me.

But a million years ago I played a game of ping pong against someone you may have heard of. Kevin McHale. Of course he was a Gopher at that time.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't ask me.

But a million years ago I played a game of ping pong against someone you may have heard of. Kevin McHale. Of course he was a Gopher at that time.

'May' have heard of?? Lol.

You might find a bigger Celtic fan than me somewhere, but they're rare.
I used to try and copy his dropstep and post-counter despite being a 6 foot tall point guard...lol.

He's a little tall for table tennis, surely...lol.

His college career is a little before my time in terms of basketball obsession, although I've seen photos/film of his time at Minnesota.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
'May' have heard of?? Lol.

You might find a bigger Celtic fan than me somewhere, but they're rare.
I used to try and copy his dropstep and post-counter despite being a 6 foot tall point guard...lol.

He's a little tall for table tennis, surely...lol.

His college career is a little before my time in terms of basketball obsession, although I've seen photos/film of his time at Minnesota.
My technique was better, but at only 5'8" he had a slight advantage of reach. I was never a great player, but he did beat me.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
My technique was better, but at only 5'8" he had a slight advantage of reach. I was never a great player, but he did beat me.

Bahaha...'slight'...

Closest I have to this is losing at a game of pool to Lanard Copeland, an American import in our local basketball league (who had a cup of coffee in the NBA with Philly and the Clippers).

My girlfriend then wiped the table with him. She was a much better player than both of us. Nice guy actually, and a good sense of humour, but definitely fitted some of the brash American stereotypes. Never said a bad word about him after that.

PureX

Veteran Member
The good news is that most Americans couldn't care less about this kind of nonsense.

The bad news is that the more the politicians and news media wallow in this **** hole of stupidity and bigotry, the more the idiots and haters among us will wallow in it with them because they feel justified and vindicated.

Somehow we have to stop this downward slide into this endless idiocy and vitriol by the new fascist Republican Party. But no one seems to know how to do that, or have the courage to do it. There's too much money being made from it. And money is our God.