• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women Head covering in Christianity

Shermana

Heretic
By that logic, you could say don't do anything wrong "because of the angels".

But I'm assuming you at least agree then that it's not just "wear your hair long or the angels will get mad", right?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
By that logic, you could say don't do anything wrong "because of the angels".

Of course. If you were sitting in a courtroom and had to appear before your peers, you'd be on your best behaviour. We should always strive to be on our best behavior because we are always being watched.

But I'm assuming you at least agree then that it's not just "wear your hair long or the angels will get mad", right?

no of course not. Its about respect for the headship arrangement that God has put in place.
Woman should not try to take the place of men in the congregation. Men have been set as the leaders and women should respect that role because Gods wants men to be in that role. He wants women to submit to that leadership.

Shermana

Heretic
Of course. If you were sitting in a courtroom and had to appear before your peers, you'd be on your best behaviour. We should always strive to be on our best behavior because we are always being watched.

If this were not the only command that was specifically said "because of the angels", you'd have a point.

no of course not. Its about respect for the headship arrangement that God has put in place.
Woman should not try to take the place of men in the congregation. Men have been set as the leaders and women should respect that role because Gods wants men to be in that role. He wants women to submit to that leadership.

In this case, men would also need to uncover their heads "because of the angels".

And I'm assuming you don't believe that the cover of the heads is the hair for the men as well right? Surely we aren't being asked to go skinhead every time we pray.