• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Women want to look sexy.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I really do not like being referred to as homo- or bi- because that usually comes with the empty connotation that I find masculinity sexually attractive (which is untrue). It's called gynandromorphophilia...

It's the effeminate aesthetics that I like...

Better just to say that you're attracted to femininity no matter the gender or sex. Keeps it simple. Lol.

Why women like to wear sexy dresses ?

Men usually don't care about their appearance as much as women do,for example they look after make-up,high heeled shoes,color contact lenses,hair dyes ..etc

Why they need to do so ? of course not all of them doing so,but there are a great number who strive to draw the attention of others specially the men.
There are men who strive to draw women's attention via personal
appearance, as well. Not all, of course. There are enough exceptions in
both camps.

As a woman, I'm far more comfortable in a baseball cap, T-shirt, track-pants
and sneakers than anything else. Of course, right now I have the luxury of being able to
dress down like that as a stay-at-home mother. Once I re-enter the
work-force, I might have to be more fussy about my appearance, depending
on where I end up. :)

Even when I do dress up, I no longer bother with dresses/skirts. I'm a pants
gal all the way! :yes:

-

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Why women like to wear sexy dresses ?

Men usually don't care about their appearance as much as women do,for example they look after make-up,high heeled shoes,color contact lenses,hair dyes ..etc

Why they need to do so ? of course not all of them doing so,but there are a great number who strive to draw the attention of others specially the men.

It depends on the conditioning they've receieved by various environmental sources over the course of their lives. Some women like to dress up as "sexy" (sexy in accordance with western values, to be specific) and some women don't care or don't want to.

samosasauce

Women, at least in western culture, are raised in a society where their worth is traditionally (and it continues to an extent today) based on how how wanted and attractive they are to men. They're "supposed" to be sexy and pretty, because they're only worth being paid attention to if they are. And if you don't, you will get ridiculed.

Alceste

Vagabond
Women, at least in western culture, are raised in a society where their worth is traditionally (and it continues to an extent today) based on how how wanted and attractive they are to men. They're "supposed" to be sexy and pretty, because they're only worth being paid attention to if they are. And if you don't, you will get ridiculed.

That is a rather broad generalization. It is perhaps very true in some places in the West and very untrue in others. Up here on the West coast of Canada it's rather untrue, but from the stories I hear of LA, it may be more true there.

kashmir

Doesn't even the female animal species also show off their "sexiness?"

I can almost read the mind of a peacock:
"Hey baby..Check this spread out...pretty awesome,...ehhh?, ....you know you want me... "

Peacock_With_Fanned_Tail_600.jpg

But seriously, as odd as it seems, most women spend all that time dressing up, for herself.....(for others to see is a spin off)

Last edited:

work in progress

There are natural aspects of sexual attraction that are hardwired into us, and men of every cultural background are going to be influenced by them. The big problem with western culture is that virtually everything is monetized and turned into a commodity. And advertisers apply psychological warfare techniques to build perceived value into their products, by conveying the impression that you can't look sexy without their clothes, makeup, accessories etc.

Similar strategies are applied against the self image of the male consumer of media to inspire need for the product; but the effects on girls targeted at increasingly younger and younger ages is having devastating effects today, with prepubescent girls dieting and developing serious eating disorders.

The overall pernicious effects of modern marketing using sophisticated psychological manipulative techniques in recent decades has been to create an increasingly neurotic, dysfunctional and materialistic society that is more interested in things than people.

work in progress

"Hey baby..Check this spread out...pretty awesome,...ehhh?, ....you know you want me... "

But seriously, as odd as it seems, most women spend all that time dressing up, for herself.....(for others to see is a spin off)
I don't know if you were aware of this, but peacocks...like most birds, it's the males who have the more elaborate colors and plumage to get the attention of the females.

Alceste

Vagabond

Peacock_With_Fanned_Tail_600.jpg

That's a dude in the picture. Fish are the same - it's the man fish that has the flashier colours. Research suggests that lady fish and birds prefer to get busy with flashier gents. So the pressure of sexual selection keeps the lads getting prettier and prettier. But there are also predators about, and the flashier you are the more likely you are to get eaten before you get laid. So that selection pressure makes fish and bird guys more and more plain. How they end up looking depends how much predator pressure there is. Mr. Peacock here must have evolved in a niche with virtually no natural predators to end up such a showy tart.

For the ladies, they're the ones doing the choosing, so they don't need to be flashy. Fish and bird guys will pretty much bang anybody who shows willing. So they've only got predator pressure working against flashy colours, but no sexual pressure working for it. So they tend to blend in better with the background.

I'm such a science nerd.

Last edited:

work in progress

That's a dude in the picture. Fish are the same - it's the man fish that has the flashier colours. Research suggests that lady fish and birds prefer to get busy with flashier gents. So the pressure of sexual selection keeps the lads getting prettier and prettier. But there are also predators about, and the flashier you are the more likely you are to get eaten before you get laid. So that selection pressure makes fish and bird guys more and more plain. How they end up looking depends how much predator pressure there is. Mr. Peacock here must have evolved in a niche with virtually no natural predators to end up such a showy tart.

For the ladies, they're the ones doing the choosing, so they don't need to be flashy. Fish and bird guys will pretty much bang anybody who shows willing. So they've only got predator pressure working against flashy colours, but no sexual pressure working for it. So they tend to blend in better with the background.

I'm such a science nerd.
I just mentioned that in the previous post! I expect more animal pictures...but maybe this time there will be some prior fact-checking to make sure it's a female doing the display for a male.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Here's a peacock (male) and a peahen (female). The peahen is the smaller, mostly brown bird next to the big rainbow colored peacock.

As has been pointed out, in many groups of animals, particularly birds and fish, the males are the flashy colorful ones that strut around (especially birds) and show off to the females.

It happens in a lot of mammalian species too. The lion's mane, for example, is actually a physically costly thing out in the hot African environment. But it shows off his fitness and makes him look bigger. Some lions have black manes, which are the least efficient because dark colors absorb a lot of energy and increase body temperature in hot environments. So the lions that do have dark manes, are fit enough to support and display such a drawback.

The silver back of a gorilla is also for display purposes to males and females regarding his dominance.

215px-Male_gorilla_in_SF_zoo.jpg

Similarly in some cultures such as ancient Greece, men were viewed as the beautiful gender. They're larger and have more muscle definition (and personally, I love the musculature of a fit male torso). Beards apparently serve a similar purpose to manes, since they don't serve any huge physical purpose, can be used against the wearer in a fight by being an effective grip, but they make the wearer's jaw look larger and therefore make him look more dominant and stronger, and they only grow after the age of sexual maturity. Female breasts don't have to be as large as they are for milk production- large breasts don't generally produce more milk than small/medium ones, because the extra tissue is fat rather than extra internal structure for milk production. But, they are thought to serve as an indicator of sexual maturity, since young girls do not have breasts but physically sexually mature teens and adult women generally do.

Many men work out their chest and arms on a regular basis, requiring a lot of maintenance to maintain, to be larger even if they don't need that additional strength for a sport, and even though it's not really a contributor to health beyond basic fitness and exercise. It's often considered aesthetically attractive, though. All else being equal, many men would prefer to be able to take their shirt off at the beach or a pool or something and have a well-defined chest and stomach and arms, rather than ones that they're less than thrilled about visually.

So across multiple types of animals, including humans, both genders can potentially show off visually, with the more common one in many species generally being the male as far as I know.

In humans though, all of the focus about this gets put on women. Men can wear flashy clothes, can sport nice beards, can have an unnecessarily fast car or unnecessarily large truck, can in many cultures be bare-chested and show off his worked-out body, can walk with a noticeable swagger, but then when a woman wears heels or a dress, or shows long healthy hair, or shows off some cleavage, or just walks out in a tank top or without being covered from head to toe, there's this idea that it's mostly women that want to look sexy.

Alceste

Vagabond
Here's a peacock (male) and a peahen (female). The peahen is the smaller, mostly brown bird next to the big rainbow colored peacock.

As has been pointed out, in many groups of animals, particularly birds and fish, the males are the flashy colorful ones that strut around (especially birds) and show off to the females.

It happens in a lot of mammalian species too. The lion's mane, for example, is actually a physically costly thing out in the hot African environment. But it shows off his fitness and makes him look bigger. Some lions have black manes, which are the least efficient because dark colors absorb a lot of energy and increase body temperature in hot environments. So the lions that do have dark manes, are fit enough to support and display such a drawback.

The silver back of a gorilla is also for display purposes to males and females regarding his dominance.

215px-Male_gorilla_in_SF_zoo.jpg

Similarly in some cultures such as ancient Greece, men were viewed as the beautiful gender. They're larger and have more muscle definition (and personally, I love the musculature of a fit male torso). Beards apparently serve a similar purpose to manes, since they don't serve any huge physical purpose, can be used against the wearer in a fight by being an effective grip, but they make the wearer's jaw look larger and therefore make him look more dominant and stronger, and they only grow after the age of sexual maturity. Female breasts don't have to be as large as they are for milk production- large breasts don't generally produce more milk than small/medium ones, because the extra tissue is fat rather than extra internal structure for milk production. But, they are thought to serve as an indicator of sexual maturity, since young girls do not have breasts but physically sexually mature teens and adult women generally do.

Many men work out their chest and arms on a regular basis, requiring a lot of maintenance to maintain, to be larger even if they don't need that additional strength for a sport, and even though it's not really a contributor to health beyond basic fitness and exercise. It's often considered aesthetically attractive, though. All else being equal, many men would prefer to be able to take their shirt off at the beach or a pool or something and have a well-defined chest and stomach and arms, rather than ones that they're less than thrilled about visually.

So across multiple types of animals, including humans, both genders can potentially show off visually, with the more common one in many species generally being the male as far as I know.

In humans though, all of the focus about this gets put on women. Men can wear flashy clothes, can sport nice beards, can have an unnecessarily fast car or unnecessarily large truck, can in many cultures be bare-chested and show off his worked-out body, can walk with a noticeable swagger, but then when a woman wears heels or a dress, or shows long healthy hair, or shows off some cleavage, or just walks out in a tank top or without being covered from head to toe, there's this idea that it's mostly women that want to look sexy.

Yeah, it's odd, isn't it. That's the filter of the hetero male gaze for you. Men who want to look their best are invisible, while women who want to look their best are sexually provocative.

Awkward Fingers

Omphaloskeptic

be more empathic, Alceste!
It may not be the amount of predators, it could just be that their local predators only have two color receptors in their eyes, making blue and green hard to distinguish from each other..
I mean, seriously, you and your tri-color receptor bigotry!!
Put yourself in another species paws sometime!!
:p

Alceste

Vagabond
be more empathic, Alceste!
It may not be the amount of predators, it could just be that their local predators only have two color receptors in their eyes, making blue and green hard to distinguish from each other..
I mean, seriously, you and your tri-color receptor bigotry!!
Put yourself in another species paws sometime!!
:p
Lol, thanks for the reminder.