• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Workplace exposure

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
What is acceptable attire in the workplace? Some shops here, especially clothes or music stores, have females wearing cleavage exposing tops, I mean some even fall out when they lean across the counter. Accompanied with miniskirts/knee high boots.

I understand that this is an attempt to attract males into the shops, but is it a right way to do so? Trickery?

**I ask for no anti-male jokes in this thread**

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What's wrong with cleavage exposing tops, miniskirts, and knee high boots?

Besides, any male, except perhaps a male fashion designer, is highly unlikely to convince any self respecting female that he knows more about female fashion than she does. It's a lost cause to try to do so. Learn to live with it.

Ormiston

I like revealing clothes on women, especially while they're working. Maybe I'm the wrong person to ask about what's acceptable though...

NoName

I thinks in unprofetional. If a guy wants to see a woman with a bunch of cleavage haning out, he has a ton of other places he could go. the workplace should not be a place to see that.

you should be able to wear whatever you want, but i definitely think how you dress determines how you are perceived, which is critical to your professionalism. the girl who exposes the most cleavage doesnt always win.

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
but i definitely think how you dress determines how you are perceived
Quite so. It is a good marketing technique...certainly made me interested in the chinese massage centre. (which was a legit one, not an undercover brothel)

Malus01 said:
Quite so. It is a good marketing technique...certainly made me interested in the chinese massage centre. (which was a legit one, not an undercover brothel)
you mean they dressed with more covered up? my workplace has a very liberal dress policy, but i still feel as though those of us dressing nicely contribute more positively to a professional work atmosphere.

M

Majikthise

I once went to a toppless shoe shine and car wash shop , they did a pretty brisk business.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Most of the women in my line of work wear bikinis. Sure, they are Dive Masters and Instructors so they have to wear what works for them.

Malus01 said:
Uh, the opposite, Willie.
i get it malus. anyway, i think people should be allowed to wear whatever they want, but should be aware of the fact that dress influences how people perceive you. If im meeting with a client, for instance, there's no way im going to come in wearing jeans. mainly because it's not in my best interest.

big fan of individual responsibility here