• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Domination

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Hitler wanted to take over the world. Thank God we stopped that. Are there any living tyrants who want to take over the world today?

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
Are there any living tyrants who want to take over the world today?

The good 'ole USA, unfortunately.

We have HUNDREDS of military bases around the world. This is our insurance in the case that our global economic hegemony is challenged, fundamentally.

That is to say, WE are a big part of the problem. Imagine what Jefferson or Adams would think about our posture in the world today (they would be appalled, IMHO).

International cooperation is, I think, very important when it comes to conservation, trade, labor, etc., but we should not be the 'global police force.' God help us.

Last edited:

Jimmy

Veteran Member
The good 'ole USA, unfortunately.

We have HUNDREDS of military bases around the world. This is our insurance in the case that our global economic hegemony is challenged, fundamentally.

That is to say, WE are a big part of the ptoblem. Imagine what Jefferson or Adams (either one) would think about our posture in the world today (they would be appalled, IMHO).

International cooperation is, I think, very important when it comes to conservation, trade, labor, etc., but we should not be the 'global police force.' God help us.
I disagee

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Wasn't my choice, born here. And immigration to another country is notoriously difficult for Americans. (They don't like us because of the whole world police thing).

But I did live in Japan for a little over 4 years. It was fantastic.