• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Domination

Jimmy

Veteran Member
He stopped himself (suicide) and we played a bare minimal role. So... No it's not really good *we* stopped him. Because *we* didn't.
Good thing we weren’t needed too much but if we were we would have been there. But then again 16 million servicemen served and 400,000 died so I’d say that’s a pretty big loss.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Good thing we weren’t needed too much but if we were we would have been there. But then again 16 million servicemen served and 400,000 died so I’d say that’s a pretty big loss.
Most of our service men died fighting Japan. The Soviets did the heavy lifting against Hitler. The Soviets lost 8.7 million service men and 19 million civilians, they took the brunt of the war. Overall, it was an allied effort.

Casualties of World War II | History of Western Civilization II.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Yeah. We only had Pearl Harbor. We likely would have taken the brunt, like the Soviets, if Germany and Japan had invaded. In fact, I doubt we would have survived as an intact nation.
Maybe other countries would’ve helped us like we helped them who knows

Heyo

Veteran Member
Hitler wanted to take over the world. Thank God we stopped that. Are there any living tyrants who want to take over the world today?
I'm sure there are some who dream of it, but afaik there is no-one megalomanic enough to have stated so, or has any plan in that direction.

My own plans don't involve Earth at all. I'm perfectly happy to leave this planet and rule the rest of the solar system (and other systems in time).

rocala

It was as Viker said an "allied effort". The role of the Soviet Union was beyond compare. As indeed was their suffering and the price that they paid.

Let us not forget China. That country kept half of the Japanese army busy. Furthermore China was fighting longer than any other allied nation.
All of the allies can find something to be proud of. Nothing can be gained by turning it into a competition.