• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would life be happy with no afterlife?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why wouldn't it?
If lack of an afterlife creates unhappiness and anomie, you probably need therapy.

Last edited:
The thought of there being no afterlife and ceasing to exist essentially after death isn't really particularly comforting to me.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, at least until the body dies. Then there is no apparatus with which to be happy.

ajay0

Would life be happy with no afterlife?:)

Reading Yogananda's 'Autobiography of a Yogi', which has a description of the afterlife as in astral dimensions, left me more relieved and relaxed, as I felt that I can meet my dead relatives and friends again in the afterlife. I remember this sensation back then as a teenager when I first read it.

It did leave me more equanimous as a result.

Kfox

Would life be happy with no afterlife?:)
I think it all depends on which version of after life you believe in. When I was a theist, I dreaded the afterlife because I was convinced I would spend an eternal afterlife in the tortures of Hell.