• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you sacrifice yourself for God?

Simon Gnosis

Mystic-als said:
It seems that both ways you're in trouble. Which means God NEEDs me to do something for him. So then he's not allpowerful.
If I had to choose I would show him the finger. Because it wouldn't do me any worse.

That kind of God can in the words of Bender from Futurama:

"Kiss my shiny metal as*"

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
Bouncing Ball said:
It doesn't mean God NEED's you to do that. Maybe he just wants it. For whatever reason that you will never understand anyway. Giving him the finger could maybe mean going to hell, maybe you rather have your soul erased then..

If a god wants my death then they can kill me themselves. :) I would never lay down my life for a god. There is enough pointless death in the world already. Life is beautiful. I'm staying as long as I can.

Mystic-als

Mother Teresa said:
Let us love God not for what He gives but for what He deigns to take from us. Our little acts of obedience give us the occasion of proving our love for Him
It would be such a great world if we all had this kind of faith.

But you're right maybe erasure rather than eternal fire etc.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
Bouncing Ball said:
maybe he will after you refused..

:) Quite true, but as a recovering alcoholic and a believer in the Serenity Prayer, there ain't no sense in worrying about things over which I have no control. I don't control any gods. (if I did the world would be a much more interesting place)

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Radio Frequency X said:
:) Quite true, but as a recovering alcoholic and a believer in the Serenity Prayer, there ain't no sense in worrying about things over which I have no control. I don't control any gods. (if I did the world would be a much more interesting place)

Ain't no sense? than why are all those people praying every day and going to church?
I don't control gods? I don't control police either, but when I get pulled over for speeding I'll try to convince uncle police that I learned my lesson and a fine won't be needed. You don't have control over them, doesn't mean you can't try.. If it's all that's left..

About the interresting pllace, I doubt that you can make this world more interresting than it is now..:no:

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
Bouncing Ball said:
Ain't no sense? than why are all those people praying every day and going to church?

They are trying to have a personal relationship with their god.

Bouncing Ball said:
I don't control gods? I don't control police either, but when I get pulled over for speeding I'll try to convince uncle police that I learned my lesson and a fine won't be needed. You don't have control over them, doesn't mean you can't try.. If it's all that's left..

It's a waste of time.

Bouncing Ball said:
About the interresting pllace, I doubt that you can make this world more interresting than it is now..:no:

I could make it more interesting for my friends and I. :) Step 1: Aristotle comes back from the dead and saves the world from extremisim. Is hailed as the savior of the world. Elected President and Pope. And then he appoints me as Emperor of the Cayman Islands. :)