• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Writing your own prayers

Antibush5

Since most prayer books are missing, destroyed or non-exsistant for your branch of the whole non-abrahamic tree. Pagans often write their own prayers. So would anybody be willing to help me?

I've been creating some that helps me with the way I offer to teotl . . . Still need to perfect it so maybe we can work together . . .

Ahanit

For what you want to Prey?

To right a preyer is not a great thing, Write down what you feel and what you wish, what you want to reach and adress it to an existence you beliefe in...

It is like writing a letter to a close friend with all the Dreams, wishes and all friendship within you can find in your self...

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I will not convey my personal invocation of Set here, but what I will say to you is that you must explore your true Self and conjure that divine Form which indwells within your heart of Hearts, only thus will your life be for ever Transformed. But in doing so you must speak from the Truth of your Heart. Think carefully of these words before you attempt any form of invocation. For me personally it took about six months of study and contemplation before I conjured the Name of Set, but that first Invocation of Set completely changed my Self and my Life for ever. :bat: Just a friendly word of advise. (On a personal note, that change worked out for the best for my Self and the Truth of my own Being.) :D

/Adramelek\

Last edited:

sol_mas

Spiritual Investigator
Since most prayer books are missing, destroyed or non-exsistant for your branch of the whole non-abrahamic tree. Pagans often write their own prayers. So would anybody be willing to help me?

As others have mentioned, writing prayers to your Deities can (and should?) be a very personal experience. It has helped me personally build my relationship with the Goddess; its one of the ways I've chosen to honor Her.

That being said, inspiration can be found in how others express themselves to the Divine, if they are willing to share. When I first stumbled on this path I found it hard to find prayers at all, let alone prayers that seemed to express what I felt and was going through. So I started writing my own.

I also got better at Google and found some truly amazing, "speaks to me" stuff.

Mine are online - if you're interested, send me a pm and I'll direct you to the link.

-sm