• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Cannot Know God.

Stokley

What does
I have been saying about for I dont know how many posts.

How can you not see that god's creation (environment, people, you, and I) are also about god as well?

The Bible isn't an isolated scripture. If you can't see what god created as a reflection of himself, then how can the Bible mean what you feel it means?

When I read the Bible, it was a reflection of my environment and the people I interact with. It was not isolated. I dont understand how you can isolated the Bible when the Word/Christ actually talks about god's creation as a reflection/image of himself.

You don't get it?
What do babies, your environment, and all the things you see in The World reveal about God?

Try hard to answer that question with facts, rather than just with "How Things Seem To Be! Tsk!"

Stokley

Carlita is not overreacting, but underreacting by ignoring your sexist comment and generally rude tone. It's people like you who give Christianity a bad name.
Lol. Are you feeling bossy now, kind of like a Church Woman?

Man up, and tell us how you "know God" beyond how He is revealed in Scripture.

Do you need to upgrade your English comprehension skills? If you do, I can lovingly pray for you, and "minister" to you, just like Babbling Professional Church Talker Preachers presume to "minister" to people. M-Kay ... ?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
A key source for Christian arrogance, that is arrogance in Christians who use the Imperial Pronouns "We/Us/Our" to make their ideas sound as if they represent an authoritative consensus, is for them at some convenient point to claim they "Know God." They like to quote John 17:3,

"And this is eternal life, that they may know thee the only true God."

They imagine that their ability to remember and to emotionally agree with John 17:3 automatically means they do "know God." But, here is their problem. Simply remembering and agreeing with a piece of Scripture, even if it is God's Personal Word, does not mean that particular Word is then implimented in their little life. Scripture cannot be "claimed." No such "claiming" of Scripture is ever taught in Scripture. "Claiming Scripture" is a modern idea started by Little Church Grannies with Kleenex in their hands, and by Professional Church Talkers. Doing so helps Pewsitters use their imaginations and talk as substitutes for material faith.

No person can "Know God" beyond what He has specifically disclosed ABOUT Himself in Scripture. If you disagree, then tell us right now what you know about God beyond what is in The Bible.
So you are claiming sola scriptura?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I will predict, though, that you will find some flimsy little reason for not describing Your God.

Please be respectful in your tone.

The word god is not a christian word. Its not a pagan word. Its not a Carlita's word. Its a general term for an person or object of worship.

I see god (not the god of abraham) differently than you. Since you dont respect what I am saying, why should I share my belief?

My question.

Why cant you see god outside the bible?

Jesus say his father outside scripture. His disciples saw Jesus within others who shared the same faith. Another christians sees Christ in people. Others see Christ through His Father.

None of them limit Christ to the Bible.

Why do you?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
What does

What do babies, your environment, and all the things you see in The World reveal about God?

Try hard to answer that question with facts, rather than just with "How Things Seem To Be! Tsk!"

You mean you dont see the works of Christ through creation itself? :eek: You are the only few handful of christians who cannot see god outside of a book.

Thats the reason people are christian. Their love, environment, people are a reflection of god. Scripture does not need to exist for other christians tonsee this.

Stokley

Please be respectful in your tone.

The word god is not a christian word. Its not a pagan word. Its not a Carlita's word. Its a general term for an person or object of worship.

I see god (not the god of abraham) differently than you. Since you dont respect what I am saying, why should I share my belief?

My question.

Why cant you see god outside the bible?

Jesus say his father outside scripture. His disciples saw Jesus within others who shared the same faith. Another christians sees Christ in people. Others see Christ through His Father.

None of them limit Christ to the Bible.

Why do you?
You should share facts about God, not just your "belief." Lol.

You do not know God. You just "feel" like you do because you are a Gypsey.

Stokley

You mean you dont see the works of Christ through creation itself? :eek: You are the only few handful of christians who cannot see god outside of a book.

Thats the reason people are christian. Their love, environment, people are a reflection of god. Scripture does not need to exist for other christians tonsee this.
Are evil and murderous people a reflection of God?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You should share facts about God, not just your "belief." Lol.

You do not know God. You just "feel" like you do because you are a Gypsey.

I do not know the god of abraham as you know him. I do not practice in your denomination. I "experienced" god through the Eucharist. That is more than a feeling and something you may never understand.

That is okay.

The GoA is Not a fact; it is a belief.

God is not the god of abraham. The wors god means person or object of worship.

If you cannot know the difference between fact and belief, I dont know what to say.

Again, my question: why can you not see Your god outside the bible?