• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You prefer city or suburb living?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
suburb living is ok, it is about as close to country living I can get my wife and I would prefer country living....to many people in the suburbs

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I think suburban sprawl is unsightly, wastes valuable farmland, and destroys native ecosystems. It doesn't have to be that way, but it's how developers tend to do things: with a short-sighted scope that doesn't respect the land. If it was (or is) done in a way that respects the land, however, I'm significantly more welcoming of living spaces with actual trees and prairie grass around me than a menagerie of blah grey buildings and churning noisy streets.

4consideration

Premium Member
I prefer the suburbs. Not the cookie-cutter, everything looks alike kind -- just the quiet neighborhoods where one doesn't have to travel far for shopping, etc.

We tried the "Green Acres" kind of thing a couple of times, finding the idea of country living much more attractive than the actual experience of it.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I have only lived in the suburbs or country . I see benefits and appreciate both.

I have visited the city . Never "lived" there. I bet I could find things I like about it.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I currently live in the country, but would love to live in the city.

Let us swap lol.

I have this fantasy of living in jamberoo in New South Whales (aus) which is so freaking beautiful. I want cows, sheep, goats, chickens, geese, an avairy, dogs, YOU NAME IT.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I have this fantasy of living in jamberoo in New South Whales (aus) which is so freaking beautiful. I want cows, sheep, goats, chickens, geese, an avairy, dogs, YOU NAME IT.

Oh dear God, no.

No farms, no big animals. I'll keep my everything-in-walking-distance-concrete-jungle. :p