• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your "Code"

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
What is your "code" that you live by? What do you expect of yourself and what keeps you sane while this mad world turns?

For example mine:

1. Don't worry as things will work out the way they are meant to.
2. Put nature's preferences before my own.
3. Let go of anger.
4. Work hard to play hard.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
1: Do NOT speak to me that way!

2: Let me give you a hug!

3: Its none of your BUSINESS (I have a song that goes with that)

4: COME look at this HURRRY!!!!! Come LOOK!!!

That's all ..

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
"Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force."

Honestly, I can't think of any codes I stick to. They're all too subject to change.

bookwormlady

Owned by 2 cats
My personal code: "be compassionate by being kind to & patient with others. When you fail to be kind or patient, figure out how and why you failed to treat someone with compassion. Don't be afraid to apologize, or to learn a hard, honest lesson from the experience. Then get back up and try again."

So far, this is the only personal code that's worked for me.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
What is your "code" that you live by? What do you expect of yourself and what keeps you sane while this mad world turns?

Don't stop learning.
Don't give up.
Kith, kin, and Heaven.

Ask for a receipt.
Enjoy life and nature.
Do what's right, not what's good.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Mmph. I suppose this most directly refers to my Code of Honor. The basic maxim is easy enough to say: Honor is Peace.

Then there are the clarifications: Honor seeks Balance, Honor seeks Harmony, Honor averts War, Honor averts Extremes, Honor averts Discord.

Truly understanding the Code doesn't come without the thirteen elaborations and the commentary, which is... long. That, plus it being sacred and personal to me means I'm careful where I post it. This isn't going to be one of the places. But I will put up one:

CoH Elaboration 1 said:
I) Let thy feelings be thy guide. Do what thou feel is right.
This phrase is listed first because it applies to all else below. Often it is difficult to discern the most honorable course of action, for if one truly follows other points in the code, one begins to see there is no ‘best’ course of action for any situation and that harm in some form is inevitable. Where things within the code conflict - and they will - in the end one must do what one feels is right. That is all one can do, after all. Trust oneself to act and deal with the consequences that follow as best one can.

Trusting in yourself is vital. As an aside, this one also reminds me that everyone at the end of the day behaves under elaboration one: people do what they feel is right or take the best option they recognized under the circumstances. We're not infallible, we'll make mistakes, we'll conflict with each other. But we're all doing fundamentally the same thing: trying to live each of our lives in the best way that we know how. Remembering that instills a sense of empathy and understanding towards others.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Dont make decisions when you are angry
OKay that was fun, now stop it
Seriously stop it!
OMG I told you not to ...!
I am not taking responsibility for this

*cricket jumps out of shoulder*

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
1) Go with the flow but never be intimidated

2) Be nice for no good reason but balance it out with a healthy amount of sarcasm

3) Science, reason, knowledge and logic are the greatest tools we will ever have so respect them.

4) Live life for what it is

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Educate the uneducated
Don't stress over the things you have no control over.
Always try to be logical/rational.
Do your homework (research the crap out of everything).
Think before reacting.
Treat people how you woudl want to be treated.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What happens......happens.

.......continue on in spite of.......myself.

Precious gems in my hand sparkle.

*ding*

NoraSariah

Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.
Charity.
Be an example in all times, in all things, in all places.
Choose the right.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
1.) Always be willing to learn and gain new experiences. It's a part of being human.

2.) Admit when you're wrong. Be better than those who think they are always right.

3.) Do what you love to do.

4.) Always try to be compassionate. In not that, then try not to be an *******.

5.) Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless experience proves you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked, the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza.

Brownie points for whoever can guess where I got #5 from. :D

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

For example mine:

1. Don't worry as things will work out the way they are meant to.
2. Put nature's preferences before my own.
3. Let go of anger.
4. Work hard to play hard.

1. Do others as I would be done.
2. Don't sweat the small stuff
3. Don't sweat the big stuff
4. Do not succumb to irrational fears
5. Live each moment, as if, it were your last moment alive
6. Never stop learning
7. When you feel an emotion, savor it. You have them for good reasons.
8. There is more to "you" than meets the "I"
9. Truth is relative to understanding... never forget it.
10. Perception IS reality.

Whenever in doubt, goto 5.

Last edited: