• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your ethnic background

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That is somewhat insulting my man, may be unintentional but just FYI :shrug:

I didn't mean to sound offensive. as Poeticus said it was just a bit of irony. Italians are mainly Mediterraneans but as the result of multiple crossbreeds.
so any race can be in my genes. That's why I was blonde when I was born, and now I am black-haired.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I didn't mean to sound offensive. as Poeticus said it was just a bit of irony. Italians are mainly Mediterraneans but as the result of multiple crossbreeds.
so any race can be in my genes. That's why I was blonde when I was born, and now I am black-haired.

All good... I give people "the benefit of the doubt"and I'm not the sensitive type. Sometimes computer socializing and/or cultural differences make our intent and meaning obscured or lost - so it's good to further communcate and illuminate

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
All good... I give people "the benefit of the doubt"and I'm not the sensitive type. Sometimes computer socializing and/or cultural differences make our intent and meaning obscured or lost - so it's good to further communcate and illuminate

:yes:
Besides I think that you should be proud of your Nordic genes, as much as I am proud of mine

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Being second generation australian (both sides of family from england) is a bit awkward cos I dont feel like an aussie but I dont feel quite english. Always wanted to live there though...in yorkshire not the highly populated areas.

Parts of english history is pretty bad as well.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You know, for most Brazilians the idea of "knowing my ethnicity" sounds a bit weird.

For comparison, how would you feel if I asked you if you know the destiny and purpose of the next soccer ball you happen to find?

Each of us has a bit less than 1000 different ancestors going back just nine generations (potentially a bit more than 1000 even). I suppose it is possible for people to have clear, stereotypical or even genetically well-delimted ethnies, but it sure sounds like most of the time it is little more than emphasis and wishful thinking.

How many people from, say, the 14 different ancestors that I had when considering just three generations back am I supposed to describe when asked about my ethnicity? Add just two generations more and then we have a total of 62 people. How much sense does it even make to label those people "caucasian", "latino", "native south american" or even "healthy"?

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Oh dear.
My Father
1/4 Cherokee Native American, 1/4 Italian, 1/4th scottish. 1/8th Welsh, 1/8th Spanish.

My Mother
1/2 Irish, 1/4 scottish, 1/8th german. 1/8th mystery party (probably French)

So that makes me
1/4th Irish, 1/4th Scottish
1/8th Cherokee Native, 1/8th Italian, 1/16th German, 1/16 Welsh,, 1/16 Spanish, 1/16th mystery party.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Ethnically, Italian-American. Father, American-born of Sicilian parents. Mother, American-born of Italian parents. Genetically, probably northern European, e.g. Germanic.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Mostly a Me'tis on both my father's and mother's side (French & Amerindian mix-- Pawnee, Canadian Cree, & unknown), Swedish, and Scottish. My appearance is mostly Scandinavian, whereas my sister's appearance is very much Amerindian-- nobody seeing us together would ever guess we're siblings.

Draupadi

I don't hate India. It's just that we are different in some aspects. Many Americans are of European descent. But we don't call them Europeans do we?

Baladas

An Págánach
I am primarily of Irish descent, a lot of English ancestry and a fair bit of Swede. I also have Blackfoot, Cherokee and another unknown Native American tribe.